Ovarian Cysts Community
Can you have hip pain with cysts????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Can you have hip pain with cysts????

I have been experiencing alot of hip pain with my ovarian cysts, what can be the cause also my thigh and leg is swollen. I was diagnosed in august to have a 6cm complex cyst on left ovary but since has dissolve....what are my chances of having ovarian cancer? my ca125 was 3, I am kind of worried, my doc wants to do surgery but has not called me back yet? what is up with this hip pain, anyone knows, thanks
how do you know your cyst is gone? did you have transvaginal done to make sure? why would he want to do surgery if it did? just asking because some complex cyst and of that size normally dont go away on their own.
sorry..and to answer the hip pain question...oh yes cyst can make your hip hurt. try to relax..(thats what they tell me to do..its hard i know, big time) but your ca125 being a 3 is great!
hey thanks for replying!!!! Girl its hard to relax (sigh) but I have no choice, yea I had both done last month, but this month my hip hurts like crazy so I think the cyst is back :( . My doctor want to do surgery to see if I have endometroisis.
it very well could be endo..i guess its hard to see if you have endo on an ultrasound. when you have your periods does it hurt alot? i hear thats one of the symptoms for endo. and oh man do i know its hard to relax!!!  
i left you another comment in the question i had posted..lol..so incase you dont go back to that one you'll get this one. anyway....if its endo you'll still be able to have more children..lots of women do. and if it is a cyst no problem then either..as long as you have at least one ovary you can have a baby.  were your periods painful? thats a symptom of endo, as well as having a cyst.. but they do say persistent painful periods are very comman for endo. im wondering why your leg is swollen tho. is it just the one leg and is it the same side your hip hurts?
Girl yes! the inner thigh and leg where the hip on my left side is swollen, so I beleieve that the problem is in that area, It has been for months though, I am getting worried. I am going to call the doctor either today or monday, to schedule my appt. I want an gyn/onc there too, if he won't miond just incase.
Glad to see I am not alone on this issue. I am having pain so bad on my left hip can't sleep at night and have lost 8 lbs not being able to eat.  Having surgery Feb 1st ( not my first go around with this but this is the worst)  I have been seeing a gasternoligst and all he wants to do is put me on pain meds that make me sicker..I know that I have a 4cm cyst from a CT scan.  Had a transvaginal but noone will tell me the results. Have all but given up at this point.  They keep saying oh its just chronic pain here takes some meds.  NO way tell me whats wrong or I am gong elsewhere..