Ovarian Cysts Community
Complex Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Complex Cyst

What is a complex Cyst?
HI,
    Sorry that this post sort of slipped by us.. If you go to the top right of this page, you will see "Health Pages".. Click on this and you will see a section that explains a great deal about Ovarian Cysts of all types..

Have you been diagnosed with Complex Cysts? Let us know.

Sandy
I've been diagnosed with complex cyst (right ovary) four days ago. My Ob-Gyn said that I don't have to worry about since my cyst is very small 2.5cm and I am 29. I think 2.5cm is not small for a cyst and 29 years old is not young anymore.. She gave me some birth control pills and reevaluation after a month. My understanding about complex cyst: this is not a simple cyst but the cyst contains solid and fluid materials. That freaks me out! Waiting is killing me.
My daughter had a hemorrhagic, not simple, cyst (larger than yours). It cleared up on its own. Many doctors will take a watch and see approach for any cyst under 5 cm. When cysts get larger than that, there is a chance the weight of it may twist the ovary and cause intense pain. It sounds like your doctor is doing the standard protocol, the one that usually works. A month is not a long time to wait.

My cyst was 10 cm and I'm much older than you; I'm pushing 56. In Feb. I did have to have surgery and my cyst was benign.

Are you having severe symptoms?
Hi I have an either septated or debris filled cyst. The doctor and the ultrasonographer told me two different things. I am in my early 20's and a month ago it was 3.3 cm. This is also my second cyst right in a row. I am getting very painful symptoms. Level 8-9 depending on the day on the 1-10 scale. Full bladder, Sex all hurts. Pain all around my back, sharp pains down my leg. And a constant ache where my right ovary is. Tylenol 3 combined with Motrin and heat only brings the pain down to a 6ish. The doctor is going to see me on Wednesday to see about surgery. Do you think that is the right choice? I am not that worried about malignancy it is more weather it will go away on its own. Thanks
I think it's a good idea to see your doctor on Wed. It's a rather small cyst to be causing such pain but then again, it depends on the location. My 10cm didn't cause any pain, just some pressure like I was carrying an orange in my pocket all the time. Perhaps your doctor will schedule a laparoscopy to take a look in there, see what's going on. I had one of those in my early 20's because I kept getting cysts. They never removed anything, just looked. I was on BC pills for a few years and that seemed to help. Let us know what you hear on Wed.
Watch and see if it the cyst is under 5cm that is the same thing she told me. Yes, I am having symptoms especially last 3-4 weeks ago. This is so weird because it only hurt (around pelvic area) if I bend down or pick-up something from the floor. Sharp pain. But if I stand straight and walk, no pain.

You think it is possible to remove the cyst if I don't want to wait? I'm so scared if after one month there is no progress. My ultrasound report: "Thick-walled, irregular, complex cyst within the right adnexum". I read about cyst that contains a thick walled, irregularly marginated complex cyst is high risk of malignancy. I also read that the birth control pills only work if it is a simple cyst.

It seemed like she doesn't care. :( :( :(  I'm very confused.

I understand your confusion.

My ct results did not mention simple or complex. Just that it is an adnexal cyst and reccomended ultrasound over CT. I thought CT would be a better test to detect if it is cancer. Does anyone know abot this?

I do have some symptoms that are concerning to me but reading these posts have been helpful. I am learning alot.
Hello ladies I'm twenty five years old and a couple of months ago I felt the pea size bump on my cervix very scary for me I tested positive for hpv about three years ago when I had my pap did a year ago I ask about the hpv doc told me test result showed everything to be fine now this I'm goin to the doc this week to have it look at for the frist time I'm scared because my family has a history of cancer wht do u guys thing
What did u find out about ur cyst. I'm n sooo much pain. Jus found out I have a 5cm Cyst on left ovary. Got bad headaches, nausea, pressure, an can't stand up or walk straight. Its aweful! I go to the doctor n a week for my OB to check it. The doctor in the ER found it a few days ago when I went n for the pain. Anybody somebody tell me something!!