Complex/Functional?
My doctor informed me that I have a complex, physiologic ovarian cyst (about 3.5 cm) back in June.  Is that possible?  I thought that a physiologic (functional) cyst was by definition, simple.  Any thoughts?  My doctor went on vacation for six weeks and I'm trying not to worry during this "wait and see" period.  

Also, does anybody's cyst ever go away during the "wait and see" period?  It doesn't seem like it from all the posts I've read.  Has anyone experienced a complex cyst that resolves on its own?

Thank you for your advice!
Des

My daughter had a 5 cm hemorrhagic cyst that burst and cleared up on its own. It wasn't fun and she was feeling crummy for awhile but she's doing better now.
a complex cyst can be a functional cyst that has a little blood in it making it appear "complex" ... it still can be a functional cyst though i am not sure how he made that deterination in the absence of other tests ... it appears to me he is not worried since it is less than 5 cm

did he put u on b/c ??

this looks like a good question for the ask an expert forum or u may want to seek a second opinion in the interim

praying for u
sharon
Thank you.  They've said that mine is possibly a hemorrhgic cyst, since there was some fluid in my pelvis.  How long was she feeling it?  I'm glad to hear that she's better now.
Des  
Well, I've had a CT, TV ultrasound, and CA125 (which was low, thank heavens).  I'm having a followup TVU later this month, but am feeling the back pain increasing.
B/c was never brought up as an option.  Maybe after the next ultrasound?

Also, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Des
My daughter has been trying to conceive and having trouble. Her periods seemed worse than normal, etc. so she went in to be checked. That's when they saw the cyst on a TVUS. The follow up TVUS showed it had burst and there was some fluid in the area. It took a couple weeks for her to feel better but we have no idea how long the thing had been there. Maybe not long at all.
Thank you for the information.  Will say a wish for your daughter!