Complex Ovarian Cyst (5cm)
Hi, everyone.

I'm fairly certain that I'm worrying over nothing, but I've seen a lot of sense in this forum, so hoped that someone could spare some for me! I'm 30 years old and have recently been diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst measuring 5cm. This followed an ultrasound done in early Dec to determine the cause of excruciating pain I've been having on my right side. At that time, the cyst measured 3.2cm & was found to be complex, and my scan this week has shown that it's grown to 5cm in a little over a month.

I've read lots of information on this & can see that this is clearly not a big cyst in the grand scheme of things, but I've been in complete agony & hospitalised three times since October because of it. For awhile they were treating me for appendicitis, but then the scan revealed the cyst. My blood tests were poor (although I don't think that the 125 test was done, to my knowledge) & I was fasted whilst on IV antibiotics. For several days after each episode, I can't stand up straight.

What's worrying me is the lack of urgency. I understand this is very likely NOT cancer given my age, but to wait until the 26th Jan to see my consultant seems a long time considering I've been experiencing this since October - isn't it?

It's put a bit of a hold on my life. The pain strikes without warning, so I'm a little uneasy about being alone or travelling far from home, in case I'm hit by the pain again. To date it doesn't *seem* to be connected to my cycle, as it's occurred in 6, 4 and 3 wk intervals.

Can anyone offer any insight or guidance about this? Thanks!
I know this post is quite old but history, including medical, repeats itself. I have the exact same story at you. So apparently female anatomy treatments haven't progressed as fast as iPods...lol. I have a 4.6 on my left ovary and is it EVER painful. Survived huge L kidney stones with NO pain relief, Methotrexate injections for uterine cancer, 2 bulging disks from being rear ended (had 2 sessions of spinal epidurals with no sedation) and surviving fibromyalgia. Sounds more like a medical resume than health history, right? Lmao

Fighting through fibro pain each day, I STILL had my *** driven to ER twice for my cyst pain! Needed 3 doses of morphine to make me comfortable. I totally freaked when they took out the IV and dismissed me! I was like "What part of I'm in alot of fudging pain and am throwing up didn't you hear?!" I honestly expected to be put under observation with a pain drip, but instead I got walking papers with a script for Naproxen. Now if morphine barely touched my pain, what kinda relief would they expect from that?! Geez.

Dag nabbit, I am the lucky percentage that feels excruciating pain with a cyst when some really lucky women feel little. It has a freaking mind of its own and it’s so irritating! Okay, was sorta used to fibromyalgia flare-ups and cried/rested through them, but going through this...is HARD! No warning of pain intensity or bleeding makes living hard.

My Dr gave me two weeks, so on Jan 18th I'll find out if body absorbed it or I get sliced open. I know its still here. Always dull achy pain, so bad my teeth clench. Sometimes I have to take 2x Percocet for pain. Or like right now, that's not enough, even with the 5mg Opana (stronger sister of morphine) for my fibro. I just took two shots of tequila to calm my BP, along with a valium. My BP has been so high since pain started. My 5yr old daughter asked if I was dying. It’s so sad.

Being disabled from fibromyalgia complications, feel guilty bailing out of get-togethers. This *****! I am 33 years old! I got my associate's at Phoenix College and had a 3.8 GPA at Arizona State University; was ONE semester from graduation!! And because of health circumstances my educational dreams are not within reach YET. I have officially requested a wheelchair from my insurance. That’s a hard fact to accept, even if I already have a handi-capable placard.  

I know no one will read this, but it feels good to get it out. I feel even guiltier spending our single income; family of four not getting necessities cause mom's medical costs are $300 a month. Oh, and the $280 I had to drop for ER visits this week. Tough.
I just turned 18 and found out that I have a "cystic mass" near my right ovaries. My doctor made an immediate MRI appointment for me to see what exactly it is. A year ago when I was 17. I had an ovarian cyst that was 3x4 cm and had broke and thats what was causing all the pain in my right lower side of my body. I had thought at that time it was appendicitis when it wasnt. Thats how excruciating it felt. Now I found out I have a 6 x 5cm cyst in the same place but this time it appears on the ultra sound to the doctors that it is not attached to my ovary. So thats whats worrying them... what is everyone opinon on this... should I be worried .. ?
so thankful to have come accross this! my trip to er found a cyst on left side, but my pain is on the right. It started with sudden seviere low back pain, and then came the low pelvic pain. my dr. appt is on 2/2/12 i will up date.
hi i was wondering what your update is? im having the veru same issues as you, im still in pain er dosent know whats wrong still, im on vicodin it's been almost a week of constant pain!!
wondering how your situation turned out? I went to ER and they found a 3cm csyt. By the way my lower back is so back it makes me cry, I have test schedualed but im still in constant pain and so scared!
I am 29 and I was having pain in my lower, left side and went to the ER 2-1-12. I had an internal and external ultrasound. I could tell by the length of time that the internal ultrasound was taking that something was going on. The doctor came in to tell me that I had a complex septated cystic mass in my left ovary measuring 8 x 7 x 6 cm that could be partially hemorrhagic and a small amount of fluid in the cul-de-sac. He asked for my Dr's name and left immediately to call them. Came back to tell me I must be seen in the next 24 hours and that my Dr was going to fit me in. I went to my GYN on 2-2-12,, she said that this type of cyst could be cancerous, but that there were other types of cysts it could be. Then she referred my to oncology surgeon and ordered an OVA1 blood test, saying that the test was 93% accurate in when looking for the possibility of cancer. I got the blood test done after I left her office and they say it will be up to 3 days for results. But no matter what I will have to have the cyst removed and checked for cancer. I have three kids, 4, 7, and 11 and I am very afraid. I am still waiting on a call from the oncologist to schedule my surgery.

I can relate to everyone's fear, pain and concerns. I wish everyone the best.
I just found out yesterday through a vaginal sonogram that I have a 3 1/2 centimeter ovarian cyst.  But I have NO pain or symptoms at all but persistently tired and I havent stopped bleeding from my normal period 3 weeks ago.  But it was only when I wipe, now its a little more on the pad, so waiting to get a GYN/OB appointment to see where to go from here.
Hope some1 can help.I recently turned 35 and have been problems since around last April maybe May.I had had the mirena for about three yrs. and made two different appts.to have it removed due to what seemed to be extremely painful digestive issues, also my mood no longer felt like me.In September I ended up going to the e.r. during my period due to extreme abdominal & lower back pain, on top of this I was experiencing heavy bleeding & passing frequent worrisome blood clots.As I said this had been going on quite some time and the clots were beginning to really freak me out, not to mention I felt like I was in labor everytime I was menstruating.Anyway while at the e.r. they performed a regular vaginal check followed by an abdominal x-ray and then the transvaginal ultrasound.What they discovered was that my mirena was gone and that I had what they called a 2cm. fluid filled sac in my uterus, which made sense if I was pregnant but I wasn't.I have since followed up with several different procedures, two more transvaginal ultrasounds, a biopsy which failed to get to the fluid and recently a saline infusion hysterography, think that's what it was called.All I've been told is they are dumbfounded & as much as they wish they could comfort me by telling me that they've seen this a million times, they can't, and they are intrigued.Well I'm scared and need to know something.The only reason it took so long for me to get this checked is my mother was battling with stage four metastasis breast cancer, she passed away late July.
I am 28 and was recently diagnosed with a 3.5cm complex cyst on my right ovary along with an enlarged ovary (about twice the size of my left). My pcp scheduled me for a urgent appt with a specialist Friday. I've been having severe pain on my right side for about a year, I chalked it up to menstrual cramps at first cause I have an iud and haven't had a period in about that long until a few months ago when the pain started getting worse and more regular. Add the pain to weight gain, bowel issues, bloating, nausea, and headaches I finally made an appt and was sent for a transvaginal ultrasound where they found the cyst. My doctor threw the word cancer into the conversation, that it couldnt be ruled out, so I'm freaking out. Not sure what to expect now. Just want the pain to go away. Anyone have any advice?
:( Oh jeez, where do I start? In July I had my yearly pap and my dr. found a cyst and said it would go away in a month or two. Came back, he said my right side was bigger than left so he said the next appt we'll do a sono if they are still there. More and more symptoms started showing up, pain on right & left side, sometimes shooting clear across area, dull ache, lower back pain to where I couldn't sit certain ways, fatigue, bloating!!, headaches, sore breats which never happen.. So I go back to the dr. tell him whats going on and he says that cysts don't make you feel bloated or have back pain?!! So he decides I have an infection because of my bloated stomach he thought it was inflamed. This has been 5 months since he noticed the cysts. Instead of doing a sono, he prescribes me antibiotics to take for a week. So I do that, go back last Monday Feb 13 and the pain hasn't eased up, pelvic pain is every day and has been for the last couple months so FINALLY AFTER 7 MONTHS my dr. does a sono. FINDS 8 CYSTS! :O 4 on my left ovary & 4 on my right.. I do know my right ones are bigger, not sure about size. So he tells me to WAIT another month and to take tyenol xtra strength and ibuprofen for pain. That night I started bleeding and this is in the middle of my cycle so I call my dr the next day and he says... WAIT until my appt bc its nothing to worry about... I feel like I should be worried because they haven't gone away in 7 months, I feel the pain everyday for multiple months now (worse at night), feel nausea almost every day, shortness of breath.. I just want these out of me and I feel like the longer we wait the more damage its doing to my ovaries and im only 21 and have no kids but want kids someday :( Is 8 cysts alot and 7 months too long of a wait? well i guess by then it'll be 8.. Good Luck to all of you and hope we get some answers soon!!
Hello, I'm sorry to hear about what everyone is goin through, it seemes to be more comman than i was aware of, I am 28 yrs old and in february this year I was experiencing excruciating pain in my right side and irregular periods I went to the doctors and was sent for a scan they found a 5cm complex cyst in my right ovary I was scheduled for operation on the 16 april 2012 (today) only to find out that when I wake up that the cyst has vanished and as I am aware that they can go away on their own but as mine was a mass and was told that it had partitions through it, and scheduled for surgery almost instantly I assumed it was not one that would just go away as I was released today I am very concerned as I had no consultation with the doctor after my surgery to explain what had happened nor any care instruction or discharge paper appon leaving the hospital and was told to schedule a appointment in 2 weeks, I requested the nurse in maternity to as the doctor/surgeon to talk to me was told she spoke to me in recovery, as I was still not fully awake or able to understand what she was saying, thought that this behavior was inappropriate and not sure what steps I should now take?
I had a large complex cyst removed off of my Right ovary 4 weeks ago. Now there is a 7cm complex cyst on my left ovary! I'm in so much pain! I have had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. I'm 31 years old and I've had 12 abdominal surgeries. I'm on Metformin, spironlacton and I've lost 60 lbs. None of this has helped with the large complex cyst! I don't know what else to do. I can't live on Vicodin forever. Any advice?
I have been reading the posts and see that there are so many other women that are going through the same thing that I am going through.  I am 49 and started having pain in my lower abdomen and lower back in July of 2011.  Well after several visits to the ER my gynecologist, and whoever I could find that could take me in I have been diagnosed with a complex cyct 5cm on my left ovary.  I have had two CA125 test in which have come back as normal but was told by my Gynecologic Oncologist that 20% of the time you could have ovarian cancer and your CA125 be normal.  This of course made me worry like crazy.  I have had three vaginal ultrasounds and finally have been scheduled to have sugery May 21, 2012.  It will be a robotic type surgery.  They will take the cyst to patholgy when I am still under to see if it is malignant or not.  I'm really nervous about it.  I will post after my surgery.  To all who are going through the same thing, I pray for great news and speedy recovery!
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I first had a MRI scan in October when my cyst measured 4.5cm.  I also had a CT scan done in January 2012 during one of my ER visits.  It was my visit in April after my cyst measured the 5cm that my regular gynecologist sent me to the gynecologic Oncologist.
Did not see a post on how you are doing.  I to am going through the same thing you are and was just interested.  I have surgery to remove both ovaries Monday.  I guess then they will know for sure if my cyst are malignant or not.  My cyst is located in the left ovary and measures 5cm.  Let me know how you are.

Thanks,
Lissa
I'm 22 years old.. I have been having the same problem since I was 13 years old...... My first tumor was the length of a football... It was non cancerous... But they removed it along with my left ovary... N since than I've had 3 more surgeries on my left ovary.... I just had surgery in January of this year , I had a 8cm tumor n 3 cysts  on left ovary n had to remove half of ovary cause doctor thinks I'm too young to be without ovaries... Than I found out last month in April that I have another 5cm mass on my left ovary and that he wants to keep an eye on it every month.... So next week on 31st  I go for an u/s.... But I  don't know if I could wait that long.....it hurts when I walk n even when I breathe... I get irregular periods n always bloated....
I am a 56 year old (June 12) post-menopausal woman.  I have an 8x10x11 cm cyst in my right ovary not thought to be cancerous after having two blood tests.  Surgery (laproscopic) is advised.  Left ovary is healthy but the Dr recommends removing both ovaries and uterus as a preventative measure against future cancer.  I initially agreed to the complete hysterectomy but am now wondering if I should keep the left ovary if no cancer is found.  I have received conflicting information regarding the functional value of the ovaries after menopause.  

Today I googled "function of ovaries after menopause" and I came across an article that states that removing ovaries can increase a woman's risk of osteoporosis and the resultant bone fractures and heart disease. It went on to say that keeping your ovaries is beneficial and outweighs the risks. (Of course this is referring to healthy ovaries)

I am now thinking of having the laproscopic surgery removing only what is absolutely necessary (absent cancer) and keeping everything else.  My father died of heart disease when he was 47/48 yrs old and so have other brothers of his (died of heart disease in their 40's).  I do not need to increase my chances.  I plan to talk to my doctor tomorrow about my concerns.

Just thought I would share.

How are you doing now? hope all is well with you and your family.
Iv been diagnosed with a 8cm complex cyst. So worried as report says it is large with several solid areas and ticked walled. I am only 23.

Had 3 episodes of severe left stomach pain in a year before it was finally diagnosed - but now I am having groin pain daily and bloating/upset stomach- is that normal?

Waiting for my gyno referral
My sister has been really tired for a long time.  She is 45,  she had a hysterectomy in her mid 30's and the ovaries were left.  She went through almost 1yr of tests.  They were testing her for Mono, MS,  Lupus,  auto immune decease, etc.   Finnally a neurologist stated he thought it could be several things not just one.  He ordered an MRI of her spine and they found the mass/tumor on her ovary.  Oncologist did surgery,  when done wasn't able to rule out cancer.  She now has stage 3 ovarian Cancer.  Just had fourth chemo treatment and it is working.  We have a saying,  " I am u and u are me". We are best friends and so much alike.  

I have been anemic for years.  I have heavy periods and have been told by her and many friends who are nurses that I need an ablation.  I spoke to my gyn and he agreed.  Had an ultrasound and biopsy prior to the procedure and I too have 3 complex cysts.  This was found in Feb,  repeat ultrasound 2 weeks ago and it is larger.  My gyn referred me immediately to an Oncologist.  1st appointment with him and a full hysterectomy is scheduled in 1 week.  They are removing uterus, both ovaries, tubes, cervix and fatty pad in stomach called the omentum.  
I am scared because of course my sister has cancer.  I am also grateful that both doctors wasted no time and are being very aggressive!  

Always be persistent if u don't like waiting and seeing go to another doctor.  They work for U and me.  We pay them and no one knows you better then you.  

*** I was in an accident in 2010 so I thought all my pain was related to that but, after reading all your posts now I know why my left hip has been killing me. *** I have also had crazy BM experiences.  Constipation and then not making it to the bathroom in time.  That is a nightmare.  I am 42.  Pray for me,  my surgery is 6/11.  I hate to stay in and I hate needles and pain!  

Sorry this was so long.  It is great to see I am not alone with the recent BM
Attacks.  I was beginning to think I wasnt going to be able to eat out or go out without a DEPEND diaper at age 42!
Hi iam writing on behalf of my friend she is really worried she has been told she has a complex cyst but nothing else she has just had a blood test to detect cancer and is waiting for the results, and also waiting for a appointment with a gynae, she is really worried, can anyone give me any suggestions to reassure her because she is thinking the worse, and i would like to give her as much info and support as i can.
Thank you

NIcBics
Hi I had my ultrasound a week ago and was told tht have 5cm complex cyst on left ovary advised immediate app with gyno I m bit worried have frequent stabbing pain in abdomen back pain dnt knw wat to Do
I am so glad there are forums like this for women trying to understand, cope with and recover from (post-surgery) complex ovarian cysts. I have been scheduled for surgery next month to remove a 71/2 x 7 cm demoid cyst on my left ovary. My gyno informed me that while she will attempt laprascopy, she may have to open the abdomen. I will most likely have to have the left ovary removed as well. I have had persistent pain for a year and finally received a solid diagnosis last month... quite the process. I am very nervous for the surgery. I have been told if she can remove the cyst and ovary laprascopically it will be 2-4 weeks recovery, but should I require more invasive surgery I'm looking at 6-8 weeks. I am finding the discomfort is increasing almost daily so I called my surgeon last week to inquire whether this was normal or not and was informed that if I was in excruciating pain and could not stand up straight then I should get to the ER asap, as the twisting of the ovary can be life threatening... but otherwise I just have to soldier through the next few weeks, despite discomfort and pain. I am just really interested in any information you ladies could provide in terms of post-surgery recovery... how many incisions, stitches, how painful was the recovery... what about when you woke up from surgery, what kind of pain meds do they prescribe, if any, for post-surgery recovery? I have also been diagnosed with fibermialgia, which my doc says will make the recovery that much more painful for me... any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!!!!
After irregular bleeding, i had a v/us and showed a complex ovarian cyst.had ca125 level taken.am worried sick.any advice?
im waiting for results of C  A125 test.sick of being sick and tired i have complex cyst on right ovary and somethingy in uterus or on uterus ive six children and im 47 usualy fit and healthy..felt like crap for over a yr radical weight loss nausea lower back ache pain in groin and major tired very hard to function ..
i am 20 i have a 2.5cm cystic i gust find out today, have no kind of pain but i am worried what kind of cystic it is.
That is rather small and may go away.  I had a 5cm one and in 4 weeks it was down to 2 cm.  If you don't have pain, it could be a normal cyst that forms when you ovulate.  I wouldn't worry too much about what you have.
Hi. Im 22  and I have had a bad pain in my right pelvic area and lower back constantly since January. I mentioned it to my gyno when I went for my pap in feb but he acted like it was nothing. I had to go back 6 months later for another pap since the first one was abnormal and told him again making sure he listened this time. he did a pelvic exam and said he felt a "lump". I had an ultrasound done and was told I had a ruptured cyst but no other cysts were present. It is now almost 4 months later and the pain is getting worse. I've called his office but I have had no help or any word from him. Also I have had only 3 periods since last December. I've always had missed periods but never more than one or two missed in a year. Please tell me is this normal?
im 19 years old and just yesterday i found out i have a 5cm ruptured cyst ive been on morphine and vicodin the past 24 hours and it still hasnt done anything . im really scared i dont know what to do. every movement involving my abdomen makes it hurt a lot. the doctors said medication was all i needed but i fear its not. please im scared.
Hello!
I'm 21 years old. Last week, I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my lower abdomen on the right hand side. I thought I was dying, so I went to the ER. Turned out I had a 4x3x3 cyst on my left ovary. I know what you're thinking.. why the pain on the right side right? Well the doctor told me that the weight of the cyst had brought my ovary out of place and slightly to the right hand side. So they sent me home with pain killers and told me to come back if it got worse.

Two days later, I felt extremely tired, feverish and sore. So I returned to the ER. They did a pelvic exam and another ultrasound. Turns out that my cyst had grown up to 7 cm which was the reason I was feeling pain. So once again, they send me home with morphine and say come back if it gets worse.

The next day, I faint at work. So i'm rushed to the ER to find out that my red blood cells were low and that my ultrasound showed blood in my abdomen, which was a result from the cyst bleeding. So the doctor referred me to the gyno and said that she would call me within the week.

Well it's been a week, so I decided to call. Turns out the gyno is on vacation until January. What i'm worried about is the growth of the cyst, and my extremely distended abdomen. I look about 5 months pregnant. The pain isn't any better and I have to wait over a month to even get a consult with the gyno. I've been to the emerg 4 times last week and they just send me home with painkillers.

I do realize that it is not urgent, but you would think that if it grows that fast and has bled out that they would do something sooner. I'm in a lot of pain and i'm tired, I'm petrified to wait a month.

Does any one have any suggestions?
Hi, I'm 28 years old. Only yesterday I was advised of a 4cm cyst on my left ovary. I had an ultrasound done in June and it showed they were normal. I have been prescribed with panadeine forte to tackle on the pain. However, I did see another Gyno who has told me to go on the pill for 6 weeks to see if this might help. He didn't say whether it is a complex cyst or not. I've got an appointment in Early Feb. the pain and discomfort is still there even while I take the painkillers. I'm a little worried as the lady who did the ultrasound was speechless after she noticed the cyst and the specialist doesn't seem too worried or phased by it all. Not sure if I should get another opinion as he is my 3rd opinion this year.
I would call a different gyn that can get you in sooner.
Just so you know, ultrasound techs aren't allowed to say anything no matter what they see. They aren't doctors and can't diagnose you.  Cysts are normal, almost all women form them and don't even know it.  I have a 5.1 cm complex cyst on my left ovary and was prescribed Vicodin and it didn't help the pain either.  I am having mine removed laparascopically this Thursday.
I have multiple encouraging cysts in both ovaries. Both ovaries have costs larger that they are. The bigger ones are like 4.3 and 4.8.   I have severe pain un the pelvic region.  In nauseated  constipated , pee all of the time,  pressure in rectum and peri area, painful sex, emotional, dizzy spells, etc. Er Dr looked serious and said make  ob appointment fast.  I did but still have to.wait three weeks. Um TWENTY SEVEN and its been goiing on for 7 months and getting much worse and daily
Do you have to wait 3 wks to see ob/gyn? If so, I would suggest trying to see someone else with the discomfort you're describing. Even a family physician who may have you get an ultrasound sooner to check status of cysts. Best wishes to you!!!!
Do they have to remove your ovary too?
Hi everyone I have been reading your stories and just wanted to post my experiences! I'm 39 year old women and I have always suffered from ovarian cysts have had so many operations, now had both my tubes removed and was told that all my right ovary had gone and half of my left, but I had an ultrasound scan today as my stomach is extremely swollen and pains in left side when she started the scan she took lots of images and then said she could not see my ovary's or my womb so would need to do an internal scan! she did this and it was extremely painful, she said that she could see what looked liked part of the right ovary as well as part of left which is odd as I was told it had completely gone! she also said that around the left ovary was like a tissue mass buildup that looks benign when she pressed onto that ovary I nearly shot through the roof it was so painful, She said that results will go to doctor but she didn't think my bloating was related to what was on left ovary! She said the doctor should refer me to a specialist so now have to wait for him to get results and then refer me, I can't go on like this its so painful and even more so after that scan and oddly I am now getting pain in my right side after the scan which i wasn't getting before! can anyone relate to my problems am I worrying about nothing?   Also I don't know if this is relevant but i am on the continual pill as periods where so bad so now don't have them but a couple of weeks ago i had a really bad clotted period for 9 days. thank you for reading any advise greatly appreciated  
Im 24 with a 8cm ovarian cyst on my righ ovary waiting on doc to call me to see what the step is...causing extreme back pain and and abdomen pain....i have to go pee like every hr kuz of it. My question is from your guys knowledge will they remove my whole ovary due to the size of it?
Hi, Im so grateful that i found this sight. I just found out a couple days ago that i have a cyst on my ovary that's 5cm. Are they going to do surgery when i go to the gynecologist. How do i stop the pressure and pain. I'm 22; not sure if that helps.
Hello I see I am not the only one that is frustrated with the pain of complex ovarian cysts. I have been in constant pain and pressure in my pelvic vaginal area for the past 9 months. My doctor kept putting it down to menopause and put me on hormone replacement tablets and still suffer with pain. I had a colonoscopy recently it they picked up inflammation in the bowel and my doctor referred me to a gastroenterologist thinking I may have colitis or crohns disease. The specialist didnt think my symptoms fitted the criteria for those bowel diseases and suggested it more gyneological and sent me off for a pelvic CT Scan. The radiologist sent a copy of the results to my doctor as well as the specialist which stated I had bilateral complex ovarian cysts the right measuring 5.7 x 4.2 cm and left 3.9 x 3.4 cm. The specialist office called and I will be seeing him next week and my doctor called me through the week and have seen her today. My doctor thinks the cysts are nothing it is normal and the pain I have is back related. Would really appreciate other peoples views on this as I am at my wits end and just feel like getting a knife and cutting out this pain.
Forgot to mention I am 52 years old and went through early menopause aged 42.
Hi Susie,
I am 62 and have a very painful 5.6 X 4.5 X4.6 large simple appearing cyst on Right Ovary that is causing serious pain down my right leg an in my side/hip.  Nothing looks bad in Xray, good blood flow and no sepation, but it is painful as hell. I also have a small mid body fibroid measuring 26X18mm and a left ovarian cyst only 19X22 mm. The cancer test was negative, so aside from horrible pain that nearly send me to the hospital several times/I am already through menopause nothing is being done. Doctors do not seem to understand the terrible pain. When I have a bowel movement it helps, but I do feel pressure to urinate a lot.
Hi!  It has been many years now since I had my surgery.  As it turned out I got a second opinion and surgery right away.  It was a mess the surgeon said and she felt my pain.  It took 2 months to heal.  I have been pain free since.  My opinion, find a doctor who hears you.  Good luck and in my thoughts.  :)
I just read your post. I found the same results and was wondering if you would share your results?  I hope you are doing well.
I am coming up to 51 in Oct, I have a 5cm+ cyst on right side, just had the second internal prob done, I have had this cyst for well over a year now, I had a pollop removed when I had my tubes tied in 94, have been in Menopause for a few years now.

So why as I,m in pain am I having to wait? he said we will wait and see after first scan, what will he say now? I say take it all out myself!, have enough problems having Fibromyalgia ext.

Take care all x
I am sorry you are suffering. Do you know what type of cyst yours is? Since you have had it for over a year, it must not be suspicious looking. But you should not have to suffer with debilitating pain either. As far as your wanting to "take it all out" that can cause far more problems. They did "take it all out" for my 9.5 cm cyst when I was about your age and I have been paying the price for over 8 years.

If the cyst continues to cause problems, a doctor with good cystectomy skills should be able to remove the cyst leaving all your organs and their lifelong functions. Too many women needlessly lose an ovary, ovaries, and/or their uterus which has many long-term negative after-effects.
Many of my family members had huge dermoid cysts. None were cancerous. They grow with female dna and are quite odd. Most never recurred, but keep watch for new ones unless they remove that ovary...
I have a ovary measure 2.5×1.5 cm in my right and in my left I have 3.1×1.7 cm cysts
Ovarian cysts are part of the menstrual cycle. They can get larger than normal and hang around longer than typical but most usually resolve on their own requiring no intervention.