Complex Ovarian Cyst
I was diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst 3 weeks ago but have had  pain for 6 weeks that is not getting better...I am 39 years old and have had a hysterectomy (4 years ago). The cyst is 3X4 cms on my left ovary and I can only assume is applying pressure to my bowels and bladder as there have been changes in behaviour.  I am bloated all the time and I have had constant (24/7) heartburn for 3 weeks.
I have a follow up ultrasound 3 weeks but do not want to be on pain killers all day everyday and I am very converned that this is more than just a cyst that will go away on its own.  My doctor isn't seeing an urgency.
I would love to hear other recommendations for my suggestions.  Thx.
I had a 6cm cyst on my left ovary found at the beginning of August. They rechecked me after 4 weeks and it had shrunk to 4 cm.  It is normal to watch it as they usually do shrink.  They also drew blood, a CA-125 on me that told them it wasn't cancer. Hope this helps.
Thanks GYNsymptoms...I asked my doctor for the blood work but she refused.  Wait and see appears to be the only answer.  I appreciate your comment. S.