Complex ovarian cyst w multiple septations
Hi all,

Need some help.  I started having right lower quad pain a week ago which turned into bloating, abdominal fullness, groin pain, and diffuse pain a few days ago.  After getting an ultrasound over weekend and not being given results beyond "you have a cyst" I ended up in ER.  Ultrasound showed "at least 5.7cm" complex cyston right with multiple septations.  My gyn zgave me the option of surgery now or wait and see...she said she thinks it's a hemorrhagic cyst but drew blood for tumor markers (LDH, AFP).  I certainly don't want surgery if I don't need it however I am in intense pain and I was also told I'm high risk for torsion so every time I move I think it has twisted.  I can barely get dressed.  I am also an RN and my job is very physical and I work 12 hour shifts.  I was told I could work, but I'm not sure how that will be possible if the pain doesn't improve.  

Has anyone had any experience w complex cyst w multiple septations?  Not sure if that makes it more suspicious for cancer.  The ultrasound report also mentioned a differential diagnosis of endometriosis, germ cell tumor or epithelial tumor. Any info would help greatly, this is all veery overwhelming even for a nurse, and they also told me as a side note my uterus is misshapen (septate, or bicornuate) so carrying children will ne difficult.  I am 29 years old.  Please someone help!

Shannon
Hi shannon

so sorry your foing through this
its good that your obgyn is on top of things
youve done all the test which is good

i think what you should do is wait for the blood result to come is its within normal range then maybe you can wait for a month
but complex cyst dont usually shrink so maybe if you can yo should have the surgery asap

your a nurse so you know that 90% of  ovarian cyst are benign so dont worry until theres something to worry about
easier said than done i know but stressing over it will be bar for your health

hope this helps
keep me posted
God bless