Ovarian Cysts Community
Connection between Ovarian Cysts, Lymphoma & Thyroid disease?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have thyroid multi-nodular goiter, normal lab work but with complex & solid nodules. The one time they tried to biopsy in Aug 2010, the Endo hit something he shouldn't have & I ended up with a massive hematoma in ICU. Due to that incident, they didn't want to touch me for about 5 months so I could properly heal. While waiting, I had CT's, MRI's & US's which showed 4 enlarged lymph nodes around the thyroid that have not went away. I've been on 3 rounds of antibiotics & they don't shrink. Back in Feb. 2011, I noticed enlarged lymph nodes in my groin area, both sides, but painful on the right. After 4 useless doctor appts, a doctor sent me for a pelvic US which found a 2 cm ruptured complex ovarian cyst with septation & fluid in the culdesac of the uterus. I have severe periods, especially since my 3rd child so I didn't notice when the rupture occured. I have another US scheduled in a few weeks to rule out ovarian cancer now. The doc is also sending me to a surgeon for a lymphnode biopsy in the groin right side, as he is concerned now that it is larger than an inch and has been for 4 mos. Recent labs show postive for Epstein barr virus (mono) at some point in the past - not active, Low Vit D 25, Low Potassium & Low Red blood count. Doctor said we have to rule out lymphoma first, then address the complex ovarian ruptured cyst & then back to the ENT, probably for a total thyroidectomy. I've also lost about 15 lbs this past year, so now I am down to 115. I am a female, 35 yr. mother of 3. Any thoughts, similar situations or ideas what could be going on?
I am in a similar situation, in terms of multi-nodular goiter (some coarse grain calcification) from fine needle aspiration and ultrasound, and ovarian cyst seen in ultrasound. I have to have a 2nd fine needle aspiration next week to compare with the first and to decide what action to take (if any). I am also seeing my gynaecologist on the same day to schedule another ultrasound and check on the ovary. She was not worried about the cyst as it is quite small and would probably disappear after a couple of cycles, but she wanted to check anyway since I have other cancer issues (brain tumor). I am 43 with 3 kids and I also have very heavy periods. My mother and grandmother had goitres, my mother had half her thyroid removed. My mother also had ovarian cancer, thankfully discovered in early stages (treated by complete surgical removal of uterus and ovaries) and she has been fine since (over 15 years). Naturally I am a bit alarmed at the possible connection between thyroid and ovary. I have also lost a lot of weight since last year, down from 140 to 125lbs. sounds a bit similar to your situation. Let me know what happens. I will repost after results are through.
Hello Ajaird,
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. How did your FNA come out? What did your gyno say? What are they doing about your brain tumor & how was that discovered? Did you have any symptoms? My Sister in law has multiple brain lesions & they are not sure what from just yet. Anyhow... My recent tests show my complex ovarian cyst that ruptured has resolved however there is still some fluid seen. A recent CT shows I have multiple small lesions on my liver & a few on my left kidney. I guess this is usually seen in metastatic secondary cancer (that has spread) however they have yet to find an actual cancer diagnosis in me. I am having an enlarged lymph node in my groin removed in about 2 weeks to rule out lymphoma. Perhaps that will shed some light. I hope you are doing well & will keep you in my prayers. Keep in touch!
I am 35 mother of two had thyroid goiter and found out it had cancer in it had thyroid out in 2008  and had raidoative treatment then had pain in belly and back and found out I have a large cyst on my ovairy it will not go away now my grand mothers both die of cancer one in ovairy one in the blood now i am so scarred dr seems to think theres no link and not worried at all i get surgery to remove lump next mouth

Starwitt
I also have had the rt. groin swelling in the lymphs since I was very young, but told it was nothing. I  have had some blood work done- nothing noteworthy. I am tired a lot and have had surgery recently on my ovaries due to terrible period pain. one ovary twisted and one blocked tube. mom also had ovarian cancer. I am 47.... perimenopausal?????? im going to get all these test recommended for hypothyroid. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello everone! i found this site accidentally and i believe your cases are very important information to have in mind. and i want to also share mine.
I have been diagnosed with thyroid nodules on 2006, with US, started treatment. then, in 2013 done bipsy on them and diagnosed with Hashimotto desease. Nothing else done except one US in 2014. Hormone test were apparently normal. Now in 2015  things are starting to get weird and me feeling increasingly worse, at different levels. Nt beck back and sides hurt, my breathing is worse , overall at night, swalloing hard at times as if i had permanent phlemma in my throat, muscle pains in back and shoulders.... fatighe.... on top of these symptoms, they just found a swollen lymph node in my armpit, and even the have not find anything yet in ovaries, they do hurt badly someimes since years ago. No cyst found so far. Another connection that i found is with stomach issues. I suffer from chronic constipation, but last month i had diarrhea for two week. It sent away gradually with diet... but endoscopy found no big issues there.My CBC is normal.
At this point hard to say what it is.
I am afraid that doctors are missing the whole picture of this.
Anybody can shed some light into these things from patient point of view?
I will check often and keep you posted.
Sei