Ovarian Cysts Community
Continued pain 6 weeks after Dermoid Cyst & partial ovary removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Continued pain 6 weeks after Dermoid Cyst & partial ovary removal

I had three dermoid cysts and partial right ovary removed 6 weeks ago (18 May 15) & am still experiencing pain is this normal?
I have been back to GP ( week 3) & was initially told post op & was signed off from work again.
Consultant (week 4) said it could be pressure of bowel on recovering area so to keep track of bowel movements & try Gluten free / reduced diet. Tried this for a week but bowel movements normal (daily usually).
Back to GP (week 5) & referred back to different consultant. Had Ultrasound (week 6) & given antibiotics for potential infection. Ultrasound did not highlight any problems. Blood test done but no call after 2 days so assume normal.
I would describe the pains as pelvic; like you want to hold yourself from underneath. It is saw to wear anything but loose clothing & certain chair's intensify the pain. I also get a shooting pain up left side of my body from top of leg upwards. Is this normal? Any idea how long the pains could last?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the community. I am sorry for your continued pain. Some women do tend to have pain longer than others. Also, the cutting of nerves or nerve damage can cause pain but hopefully, over time, that will abate.  

Keep us posted.
Blank
Many thanks for your reply. It's 6 weeks now after surgery & I have had my first period (at the weekend) and the pain seems to have eased. Still taking pain killer daily but the pain is less severe & the pains on certain chairs is duller; especially with a pillow. Back to work this week so hopefully on the up now. Thanks again.
Blank
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703