Ovarian Cysts Community
Cyst size and symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Cyst size and symptoms

Is there any correlation between the size of your cyst and the type/amount of symptoms you experience?  I ask because from all that I've read on here and everywhere else, many here seem to have bigger cysts than myself (as of last U/S, my cyst was 1.9cm).  Now it could have grown in the last few months, but I won't know for sure until my next U/S in December.  After 2 U/S the cysts has stayed the same.  

Tags: Cyst
BTW, I most of the symptoms that everyone has stated here.
Mine was also small.. I only had the pain in one ovary that sometimes radiated to the back . If it is really large, of course it would be pressing on some other organs causing a lot more pain than I experienced. I would guess also that it would depend on the location...

Sandy
Avatar n tn
I have a 7cm ovarian cyst and didn't even know it.  It was an accidental finding on a CT scan for something else.  The only "symptom" I have is frequent urination because it's pressing on my bladder.  So i guess everyone's bodies are different!
I'm new to this forum.  I just found it today and I'm so glad I did.  I too just recently found out I have a small ovarian cyst which was discovered on a spiral abdominal & pelvic CT scan.  I would never have known I have it.  I had gone to my urologist because I thought I had a UTI (I didn't) and he ordered the spiral CT scans.  The newer spiral CT scan machines show EVERYTHING and my report came back that the scans were fine except for a "SMALL ovarian cyst" which appears to not be a solid mass. They didn't tell me the size of the cyst. The uro's nurse said these are common and many women walk around with them.  I have no other symptoms, except like you I do have frequent urination.  I feel fine, have no pain or pressure and my only complaint is the frequent urination, although I'm on a high fiber diet and drink 80 ounces of water a day, so I'd expect to have frequent urination.  

I'm trying to decide whether to leave the cyst alone since it's not bothering me and since everything else on the CT scan appeared clean.  
I had a 10 cm cyst and had no pain. I did have some sluggish bowels but thought that was just old age. :-)  Also had some bloating but thought that was related to my not-so-perfect heart. That was the reason I even mentioned it to my doctor at my routine visit. She skipped over the heart business and sent me in for a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Yuck. But there it was - a fat old cyst. Mostly I felt like I was carrying something around in my left pocket all the time.
ireneo did you have the cyst removed?  I also have sluggish bowels and and am eating fiber like it's going out of style to counter the condition.  Other than that I'd never know there was a cyst there.
Yes, I had surgery in February. Had the cyst, ovary and tube removed laparascopically I might add. Amazing what they can do. It feels good to be normal again in that department.