Ovarian Cysts Community
Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Cyst

I am 25 years old and have just been informed i have a 8cm cyst on my right ovary and my left Ovary has Poly-cystic Ovarian Disease. The only symptoms i had were regular bleeding and clotting. I went to see the GYNO after my doctor referred me. He basically looked at the referral and said come back in 6 weeks and to get another ultrasound before i came back.

Im really concerned, ive been told no information at all on what either of this mean or entail and no medication if needed. Can someone just tell me some more. Will i be able to have kids???
Gosh, that can be very scary. I'm sure you are very concerned since you have issues affecting both ovaries and you are very young. I've just been through surgery to remove a 13cm cyst on one of my ovaries, and I had similar concerns (I'm almost 33, and no kids yet, so I was concerned about loosing an ovary). I was completely prepared for the doctor to say he had to remove my ovary, and possibly other parts that might be affected once he went in for exploratory surgery, but he was able to get the large, complex cyst out and still save the ovary. So, it is very possible to have cysts removed and still have functioning ovaries. Based on my experience, I think your Drs will completely understand your concern about being able to have children, and will do everything they can to help you remain fertile during your treatment.
It's hard to be patient to wait to learn more about your condition, but a follow up sonogram in a month or so really is the best way to determine what the next course of action is. There are so many different kinds of cysts, so it's best to know what you are dealing with. It's hard to have all the answers this early on, but try to learn as much as you can and try not to think of the worst-case scenario. It's very possible you'll still be able to have children.
Good luck!