Cystectomy and time off???? Please help...
Two days ago my doctor found a 4CM cyst on my right ovary. I have been in HORRENDOUS pain for the last 6 months and tried everything. I was on b/c for a while and it made me crazy, plus didn't help. Then I got the IUD in August and thought my pain was from that. Turns out it is from the cyst. Becuase of the size, my Dr told me it is my choice on what to do. I can either wait, try taking b/c for a month and if it shrinks great, if not then I need surgery. OR I can have surgery next Thursday and not be in pain anymore. If I wait there is also apparently a chance it can twist and I will lose my ovary. I am working full time and going to school full time for my Master's degree. I am currently on Christmas break so the timing is better now than January, but I am trying to figure out the pros/cons of either waiting or having the surgery next week. I also only have 32 hours of paid time off currently, so I am wondering about how soon can I expect to go back to work. I am a social worker at a domestic violence shelter so I would be able to sit at my desk all day if need be....any insight would be helpful....
Thank you!
I had surgery 3 weeks ago for  3 cysts to be removed and a massive adhesion. I felt pretty lousy the first week and in a fair bit of pain. However by the following week I was able to get about and not take any more pain relief.
  I work from home but still found it difficult for that first week to sit at my computer for any length of time.

Personally I would have the surgery asap. I too had the issue of if the twisting occurred and I opted to get it done immediately. ( BTW I had an IUD in May to help thin the lining of the uterus, am now on BC to try to keep the cysts away. Only been on it 3 weeks so shall see what happens!)
Good luck and take it easy!