Ovarian Cysts Community
Cysts on Ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Cysts on Ovary

I have a 2CM cysts on my left ovary and have a 4CM fibroid on the same side.  My physican has suggested surgery, I am not sure if I should do that because for the last year 1/2 he has treated me with the watchful wait.  My last ultrasound showed that the cysts had grow, he said it was nothing, should I be concerned?  I am not sure what causes cysts on the ovary, I am however taking .045/1.5 prempro daily.
   Cysts are extremely common in younger women. You may want to check the "Health Pages" at the top of this page. It has a lot of information on cysts. Or google Ovarian cysts. They are part of the cycle and sometimes don't "behave " as they should. That is a small cyst. After 6 months of waiting, it would appear that it is not going to disappear.That's why surgery was suggested I'm sure.
    I wouldn't worry... let us know and check out the "Health Pages" ..

Take care
Thank you fro you comment, I am not sure how young I am, I am postmenopausal and 53 years old.  This is the reason the cysts concerns me I guess. I have read alot of information on the cysts in postmenopausal women and somewhere in the information it usually talks about cancer.
    Try not to worry about cancer at this point. I, too , am postmenopausal and had a cyst as well as fibroid in January. Cysts are more of a concern with us "older" gals but they are still 95 % benign. How large is it ? I had the ovary, tube removed via laparoscopic surgery . They left the fibroid...Those usually disappear during menopause so they felt it should be investigated.. It was small so they just left it..Surgery probably isn't a bad idea if for no other reason than  to see what's going on, but I truly wouldn't worry too much about it. Have you gotten a date for surgery yet? and will it be laparoscopic? Wasn't too bad..

Please keep us posted,
Sandy
I actually told my physican I had second throughts about the surgery because I do not feel I had enough information to actually schedule it.  I have cramping and left side and hip and left pelvis pain, he does not think it is related to the cysts nor the fibroid.  He sent me to neorsurgerian and had a MRI of the lumbar spin and found nothing.  The neorsurgerian sent me to a pain clinc where I got two injections the first in the hip thinking it may be the SI joint the other in the spine thinking it might be a herrinated disk.  Of course the injections helped with them being a pain blocker but I can still feel this big ball in my pelvis area and have discomfort from it.  Did you have any symptoms with your cysts or fibroid?  

I know my fibroid would shrink if I would get off the HRT, I have tried 3 times but always go back to them because I start having trouble sleeping at night.

The reason I joined this group was to see if other people has had similar problems.  I do not want to have a major surgery unless I have to and my physican would do a hysto open abdomen method.  He is very willing to do the surgery for me, but he said he could not guarantee it..................  
   I had no symptoms at all with the fibroid. However, the cyst caused some pain (which the doctors swear isn't happening.. that the small ones don't cause "pain".). It was much like ovulation pain only stronger. Actually I thought I was having a Diverticulitis attack which I'd had before. Sometimes the pain radiated around to the back.. Also some queasiness...not actual nausea.. just sort of "yeach"..
   I wouldn't count on the fibroid disappearing .. I'm waaaay past menopause, and haven't been on HRT for eight years, yet here that fibroid was....
   I'm wondering why a laparoscopy wouldn't work for the cyst/ovary ? I also had fluid in the uterus which concerned my Dr.. so I also had a hysteroscopy and D&C.. as I said though, they just left the fibroid alone since it was small and was giving me no problems.Path results all came back fine. I can understand your hesitation regarding the surgery, but after 6 months, it doesn't look like the cyst is going to disappear on it's own.
     What is it that your Dr. could not guarantee? Oh.. and as far as I can determine from this forum and questioning my Dr., there doesn't seem to be any "reason" as to the cause of Ovarian Cysts in our age group.. They just "are" ..

Let us know what you decide.
Take care,
Sandy