D & C and Endometrial Ablation and cyst removal
I found out yesterday, I will be having surgery for DUB. My GYN wants to do a D & C and endometrial ablation plus remove a functional 3 cm cyst from my right ovary. How long is the recovery from this? Will this end the chronic bleeding of 14 days and counting?
I am 51 years of age and almost thought I was home free....no bleeding Feb to Nov of last year. Then started bleeding every two weeks the end of November. In early Jan I ended up in emergency where they diagnosed a cyst. Then Jan 16 period came back and won't shut off.....
I can't take the pill....tried oral Progestrone for 9 days and had to stop that too.
Sad thing is we were going away in two weeks, that now is on hold to...
I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a D & C and ablation and had their cyst removed.
Thanks.
Hello!  I've never had a D&C and ablation, but I have had cysts removed by laparoscopic surgery.  Honestly, the recover from my surgery was not that bad.  I was a bit sore, but took the pain meds and/or motrin.  I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and although I was pushing it a bit...I was back in class on Thursday.  I did take a week off work to recover.  The pain aspect of the surgery is different for everyone- but if you just take it easy for a week, you should feel fine (if it's a laparoscopic surgery)
With the little knowledge I have with D&C's...after surgery the bleeding should stop.  I don't know if it's a permanent fix or if it will stop for awhile, but it should.
Kate
Thanks Kate for your help. I like the idea of the D & C, but wonder if ablation is going too far. Apparently my GYN doesn't think so as the last transvaginal US showed the lining to be 9 mm. I am now growing concerned, as I have never bled like this in my entire life.
I was also enjoying good health until this set back. Anyways, I guess I just have to wait until the biopsy results come back. Hopefully, that will once and for all tell me just what' s up! Can't help but read the symptoms of uterine cancer. I pray alot....and remain very optimistic that all this bleeding is from the cyst. At least that's what some of the literature says can happen. Did you have dysfunctional uterine bleeding with your cysts?
Please let me know.
Hello, thanks to the caring people who take the time to write. I have learned much about cysts here. I have another question. Has anyone had dysfunctional uterine bleeding with a simple or functional cyst? Please let me know. Thanks