Ovarian Cysts Community
Damage from Ruptures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Damage from Ruptures?

I have posted here before in greater detail of my problem,but to make a long story somewhat short... This past year, I had three ovarian cysts rupture (2 were diagnosed -through u/s for the second rupture, and through ct scan for the third rupture). I also had the exact episode happen in February, but did not know what it was as I did not seek medical attention.  I had been having these episodes happen numerous times over the years, but never knew what it was until now.  I am just wondering if any damage could have occurred from all these ruptures.  None of my doctors seem too concerned; my family doctor put me on birth control, but after experiencing multiple migraines a month while on them, I went to a gyno who prescribed a different brand of birth control; however, the brand he prescribed is said to cause ovarian cysts, which complexes me as to why he would prescribe them to me knowing my history. I am just fearful of having more cysts rupture and the damage they may cause; I am only 20 years old and would like to have kids someday. Also, I never knew I ever had ovarian cysts until they already ruptured, so I have no idea what kind they were or how large; they always ruptured on the first day of my period, though.  I have had a pap smear and pelvic exam over a month ago, and both were said to be normal. However, I have had nearly constant nausea for the last few months with little relief and have asked a few doctors about it without any answers. I am seeing my family doctor on Tuesday for this problem; could it be related to cysts or the ruptures? (I had 2 cysts rupture within about a month). Any advice on any of my questions would be appreciated! (Sorry for such a long post!)
*perplexes, not complexes---sorry, it's been a long day! :)
If you get cysts the way you do and they rupture when you get your period, they're probably just functional cysts and wouldn't cause infection when they rupture. Your doctor probably knows this and isn't worried for that reason. Try asking him if he thinks there might be any damage and see what he says.  There is more concern when a complex cyst ruptures for fear of it's contents causing infection on other organs.  Has the doctor talked to you about the kind of cysts you have had? Sounds like their simple cysts, but don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you want. It'll give you peace of mind. Good luck. I know cysts can be a hassle to deal with ...