Ovarian Cysts Community
Damage from Ruptures?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Damage from Ruptures?

I have posted here before in greater detail of my problem,but to make a long story somewhat short... This past year, I had three ovarian cysts rupture (2 were diagnosed -through u/s for the second rupture, and through ct scan for the third rupture). I also had the exact episode happen in February, but did not know what it was as I did not seek medical attention.  I had been having these episodes happen numerous times over the years, but never knew what it was until now.  I am just wondering if any damage could have occurred from all these ruptures.  None of my doctors seem too concerned; my family doctor put me on birth control, but after experiencing multiple migraines a month while on them, I went to a gyno who prescribed a different brand of birth control; however, the brand he prescribed is said to cause ovarian cysts, which complexes me as to why he would prescribe them to me knowing my history. I am just fearful of having more cysts rupture and the damage they may cause; I am only 20 years old and would like to have kids someday. Also, I never knew I ever had ovarian cysts until they already ruptured, so I have no idea what kind they were or how large; they always ruptured on the first day of my period, though.  I have had a pap smear and pelvic exam over a month ago, and both were said to be normal. However, I have had nearly constant nausea for the last few months with little relief and have asked a few doctors about it without any answers. I am seeing my family doctor on Tuesday for this problem; could it be related to cysts or the ruptures? (I had 2 cysts rupture within about a month). Any advice on any of my questions would be appreciated! (Sorry for such a long post!)