Ovarian Cysts Community
Dermoid Cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dermoid Cyst

I had a miscarriage 2 months ago, later to find out i have a 9mm dermoid cyst on my left ovary. I plan on waiting til 2 normal periods until i ttc. Am i able to still get pregnant with this cyst there? I have been reading around that it will get bigger if i due get pregnant. Also what are the chances of having another miscairrage too with a dermoid cyst?

This discussion is related to Dermoid Cyst.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
This is something your doctor will need to answer.  Hope it all works out for you.
Blank
I am in a similar situation.  I just miscarried at 10 weeks.  During my first ultrasound at 6 weeks, they found a 6cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary.  Prior to my pregnancy I had irregular periods and weight gain but they never checked me for cysts.  Since my pregnancy failed they want to take my dermoid out through laproscopy before I ttc again.  I have been doing a lot of reading and I think the existence of the dermoid caused my irregular cycles, which caused late ovulation, and late implantation, which studies show leads to miscarriage.
I would talk to you doctor but seek to get the dermoid out before your next pregnancy.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...