Ovarian Cysts Community
Dermoin Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Dermoin Cyst

I just found out that I am expecting (5weeks) [I AM VERY HAPPY], I had been having some pain so that Dr. ordered an ultrasound and it so happens that the sack is BEAUTIFUL, too early to see the baby yet, but they also found a dermoid cyst 3cm (the size of a hard boiled egg yolk)- I did of course reserched it (needless to say I lost my appetite {sigh} DON'T SO IT!!!!). I am so sad to think that it may affect the pregnancy (which I had been waiting a year and three months for) and now this. I also feel bad thinking of what the cyst is. Has anyone carried a baby to term with a starting cyst this big (or small) and where you okay? I feel like crying, a lot... I am almost worried I found out this early because my worries are even greater.. Any thoughts or words? I am so worried...
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
The ovarian cyst of 3 cm is small and should not affect the pregnancy. Also dermoids are mostly benign tumours. Hence you should not be unduly worried about the baby. A regular consultation with your gynaecologist and regular ultrasound to follow up the baby and the dermoid will be necessary. Sometimes the tumour may require removal if it becomes big in size or complications develop.
Hope this helps.