Ovarian Cysts Community
Did my cyst rupture...???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Did my cyst rupture...???

Ok so when I went to the er last month I guess my period came on and I had clots the size of quarters and a lil bigger... I didn't go back to the er... I just wanna hear everyone's suggestions or thoughts...
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Have you been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst or any other type of gynecological problem?  I don't know in your particular case how much bleeding or clotting is to be expected, but I have heard that if you are soaking a thick pad in an hour or if you have very large clots, you should contact your doctor.  I have only ever had clotting after surgery and after childbirth.  In those two situations, quarter size was expected and not a problem.  I think you should contact your doctor, because unexplained clotting could be a concern.  Maybe someone else on this forum will know more about this subject.
Blank
Cysts can cause irregular periods or periods that last longer than average, but that's more due to hormone imbalances than anything else.  The symptoms of a rupture would be sudden pain, swelling/tenderness, and possible pelvic infection.  I do not think menstrual clotting is an indication of a rupture.  Cysts are outside the uterus (if they are true ovarian cysts), and ruptured ones would not show up in menstruation.
Blank
WHITEVIOLET yes I was diagnosed wit an ovarian cyst about 2 months ago... I sure will talk to my Dr...

MARIE Thanx I didn't kno that...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank