Ovarian Cysts Community
Difference between dermoid cyst in the ovary to on the ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I am just curious (i can not find it anywhere) What is the difference between a dermoid cyst being in the ovary or on the ovary. Are they most often in the ovary? I guess I am a little confused. Also, can dermoid cysts go away on their own?

Lastly, I am on birth control. Is it bad or good to continue bc while you have a dermoid ovarian cyst?
Dermoid cysts can never go away on their own, sorry.  Most cysts grow on the ovary and those are easier to remove. If a cyst is in the ovary, that makes it harder to remove without removing the ovary, too.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for the reply... well that *****... hopefully i get good news from my doctor. I don't think mine is that big and from the results of the transvag ultra sound I think its in my ovary, but i feel like its growing cause it gets more and more painful each day.

Thanks again for the reply, this forum has been amazing for me in the last week.