Discharge from stitches

A week ago I had a laparoscopy to remove 2 ovarian cysts. Recovery was going fine until I noticed yesterday that I have a pus-like discharge in my belly button where the stitches are. It's very light (quantity-wise) but after I wipe it up, it comes back. It's hard to tell where it's coming out of since it's deep in my belly button. I spoke to a nurse and she said as long as there's no pain or fever, I shouldn't worry but it's my understanding that any unclear discharge is a bad sign. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't know if I should head to the ER or wait a couple of weeks until I see my Dr to bring it up...

Thank you.
I've had a lot of stitches in my life and that sounds pretty normal.  I would disinfect it with some hydrogen peroxide at least once per day and keep it moist with neosporin or something like that, and then cover it.  If pain or fever then that's different, but as is it sounds like just some surface irritation.  I'm no doctor, but that's how I've cared for stitches.  The best healing was when I was sure to keep them moist.  If they dry out then they get irritated.

All the best to you!      
Thank you, I got in touch with my Dr and he basically said the same thing (although he didn't mention neosporin).