Ovarian Cysts Expert Forum
Do Cysts Cause A Pregnant Look? If So Why?

Welcome to the Ovarian Cysts Forum. This is a place where you can ask your ovarian cyst questions and receive answers from highly trained physicians whose expertise is ovarian cysts. You will also find other members who share your interest in ovarian cysts.

For the last few months (I'd say since February) I have been experiencing a plethora of pains in my lower and upper abdominals, along with increasing abdominal swelling. At this point, I look like I'm about 7 months pregnant with twins (and I am so NOT pregnant). As to what's been going on in conjunction with this swelling; a lot of strangeness. My periods have become extremely irregular, my digestive system has been very slow, and everything I eat backs me up so I really have no appetite anymore. I've lost weight without trying, and menstruation is so painful I cannot function during the days leading up to it, and on the first and second day. Last period lasted 2 days. This time it's extremely unnerving with severe pain and heavy bleeding. Not to be gross, but my periods no longer begin with normal blood, it's either dark brown or blackish. My periods have always had a mind of their own, starting whenever they choose and typically last about 4-5 days being mostly heavy with clots. Since all this began these months ago, I've had one period that lasted 10 weeks, and one that lasted only a day. There is no 28 day cycle for me. It comes when it comes. I've never had children. In addition to these issues, I'm having horrid stabbing, burning pains on either side of my groin, it's worse on the right. Ibuprofen does not help this pain, in fact nothing sates it. There is pain shooting down the back of my right thigh and awful lower back pain all exacerbated by menstruation. I have made an appointment to see a Gynecologist next friday. I haven't been to a Gynecologist since I was 16 (I'm 37 now). I should also add that breathing is becoming increasingly difficult, and my swollen stomach feels full and heavy with burning pain under my right rib cage which is not constant. Can ovarian cysts cause all of these symptoms?
The symptoms you describe definitly need to be evaluated.  Sometimes ovarian cysts or uterine fibroids can cause feelings of bloating, discomfort and digestive issues, also rarely, can other worrisome things cause these symptoms.  I would suggest you see a gynecologist for an evaluation as you would benefit from an exam and possible ultrasound.  If that all goes well, then you may need to see your primary doctor about colon or other issues that can cause these symptoms.  Good luck.  
Hi, did you visit your doctor or a Gynaecologist? Or did you go for an ultrasound? I have the same problem of you. My stomach looks like 4months pregnant and always feel bloated, burning and full all the time. My lower back also hurt so bad. My last ultrasound shown cyst in my left ovary and lots of gas. I have an appoinment to my family doctor on august 24 so i dont really exactly know yet what is going on.  
Hi, to answer question Yes if you have a cyst it can make you look pregnant & cause your digestive system to have sever issues. I had those same issues for 2 years before my cyst the size of a grape fruit burst. I had seen stomach specialist, the whole works. Come to find out I had cyst! Once it burst I looked 5-7 months pregnant and could not bend over its been 2weeks and the only thing that gets me through is to help others in the same position.