Do ovarian cysts cause edema?
Just wondering if a cyst has caused of any of you to experience edema in your ankles/feet? Probably a long shot but I've learned so much from this forum already so I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks!
I had considerable edema in my ankles/feet/hands.  It calmed down within a few weeks of my surgery.  I had a few things going on that might have contributed.  With the cysts our hormones can go wonky - I thought I was in heavy peri-menopause too.  I am hypothyroid and it went crazy which could have caused the edema.  After surgery it leveled back out.  Several months later I had some more edema and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus but again, not sure if that affected me back then or not.  

Keep an eye on it.  I took a water pill for a bit during that time but am off them now. Good luck.
Thanks for the response. The edema in my ankles/feet is actually how all this came about. I originally went in to have that checked because it kept getting worse and they suspected it might have to do with my kidneys (that actually hasn't been ruled out yet but I don't think it's that). Then during an u/s that's when the cysts were discovered. I am currently on a water pill prescribed by my Dr. until further notice.