Ovarian Cysts Community
Dont Know what to Do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Dont Know what to Do

I have a really bad cyst on my left ovary. Ever time i ovulate and have my period i get really bad pains. To the point i have to stay in bed. I went to the doctor and got a sonogram and the PA wants to put me on birth control. Thing is i cant take the pill. I had the Mirena IUD and dont want that ever again. I dont like Depo shots. What should i do? i thought about taking that side out however i would like to ttc again in 2 years.
Avatar dr f tn
Ideally the treatment for small ovarian cysts is hormonal treatment, which you are not inclined to take. Large cysts are best treated surgically. Hence the decision really depends on the size and nature of the cyst. At present you can take symptomatic treatment for the pain and follow up the cyst. Sometimes spontaneous regression is possible. Also you may think about trying for a pregnancy earlier than two years. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
It is possible judging by what you have posted that you could have Endometriosis.

If it is not either way a large cyst will need to be removed laparoscopically.

When you say take that side out what do you mean? remove the ovary?