Ovarian Cysts Community
Endometriosis / Ovarian Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Endometriosis / Ovarian Pain

I am a 38 y/o female and I have had three children.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis about ten years ago and have had a couple of laparoscopies to remove lesions and a couple of years ago, had my uterus removed.  I have been experiencing the following symptoms lately:
- Pelvic Pain
- Chronic ovarian pain (right more than left); pain seems to be affecting upper abdominal areas causing what seems to be gallbladder pain, heartburn and nausea.  I have had a little bit of difficulty with shortness of breath, chest tightness, have undergone allergen testing and been diganosed with asthma.  Allergy tests showed multiple reactions to environmental things like dust, mold and ragweed - they started immunotherapy.  I am also on inhalers, allergy meds and acid reflux meds.  There is a family history of endometriosis in my family (both sides) and many of the women have had total hysterectomies.  In my case, they left ovaries intact because of my age.  My worry is that while there is no known family history of cancer (breast, ovarian), should I be concerned that this is something worse?    My doctor just continues to say that it is endometriosis.  I have had several pelvic exams and two transvaginal ultrasounds recently; all seem to be OK.  An abdominal CT scan, did show cysts.  Please help!
Your story sounds alot like mine..........

I was not pain free until they finally took out my ovaries last year at age 38.  For me, it was the right decision and I haven't felt this good in so many years.  I was misdiagnosed with IBS and was put on so many meds that I didn't need.  In the end it was my Endo and reoccuring cysts.  I was worried about having them removed because I was considered too young but I am SO GLAD I finally convinced my Dr to get em out.

Endo is so painful and causes so many other problems.  I know what you are going through and I hope you get some relief soon.  

Have you had a CA125 test?  It is not always accurate, endo can cause it to elevate, but it could help diagnose a more serious problem.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Heidi
Thanks for your response.  It is nice to know I am not the alone in what I am feeling.  I have not yet had a CA125 but I do have an appointment next month and will be discussing this and ovary removal as well.  

Did you have the breathing issues too?  It is so scary to go through all of this stuff. . . you just don't know if it could be something worse.  I am praying that everything is OK and it is something we can take care of!!!

Thanks.
You sound like you are on the right track with the different doctors you have seen and what you have been diagnosed with. The shortness of breath could be from the asthma and you might be low in iron.  I have heard that endometriosis is very painful and cysts can be also.  Have a frank discussion with your doctor about the pain you are in. You are the only advocate for your body and you know your body the best.  The doctors just do not know what kind of pain you are in unless you are strong with them about it.  Good luck!
you have had endo can you help me i dont know what else to do.
Hi my name is Shiann Deckard i am 17.I been haveing pelvic pain and stomic pain for a mouth and it wont stop. I cry my self to sleep and dont know what to do. i have been to st. anns hosbitle, did alot of tests and they said it was a cyst bursted on my overies and the pain should go away. than a cupple days later the pain keept getiing worse. So i went back to st. anns ,did alot of tests and they said idk i think its endometrosis and they said that i was to young for it. so they told me to go and see a gyn and she told me that theres nothing that she could do for me i was so upset i kept crying i want to pain to stop.so that night i got took the childerns in cloumbus and was there for 6 hours and the guy doctor finaly came in theroom after all the tests and said do you want to go home. and i really didnt want to but they wernt doing anything for me so i had to and than they said well ill make an appoitment at the gastroloest and this is takeing forever .what am i supposted to tell the school i am still in pain and dont know what to do what do they think . o yea deal with it. it will be fine ok it still hurts like hell and dont know what to do. missing to may days of school. can someone help me please im done with all the doctors saying nothings worng when i know something is.please help me