Ovarian Cysts Community
Endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Endometriosis

Hi there,
I recently had my left ovary removed due to twisting because of Endometriosis (cyst was nearly 14cm when removed).  I am not developed Cysts on my right Ovary.  Endometrioma AGAIN.  I does say "Uerus in Anteverted and Measures 9.0CM in length. Thickening of the Endometrial lining at 1.6CM.  Slightly Heterogeneous."
What is COMPLICATED RIGHT OVARIAN CYST.  Is there such a thing as non-complicated?  What does it mean "THIS COULD BE FUNCTIONAL"???
Help.
And thank you !
Usually, the report would describe your cyst as complex rathe than complicated.  It is my guess that it means it is complex (had solid parts).  This would mean it is not functional.  Functional cysts are fluid filled and usually go away on their own within a couple of menstrual cycles.  But, sometimes, two functional cysts can be on top of one another and appear complex.  With endometriosis, it is a life long issue of dealing with cysts.  I had endometriosis and a complex cyst removed when I was 15 years old.  In between that time, I had many other cysts.  But, at 37, I had a complex cyst that was ovarian cancer.  You really have to take each cyst on their own and follow the guidelines for treatment.  If your cyst is complex and over 5cm then it needs to be surgically removed.  Otherwise, watching and waiting is often an option.  Also, if endometriosis is a problem for you and you can take birth control pills...that is often a very effective treatment.   You should call your doctor and ask him or his nurse to clarify your most recent test findings.  Good luck to you!

Shelly
Hello there.  I was interested to read your post.  I have just been diagnosed with extensive endometriosis and endometrioma following a laparoscopy.  I was told it was so extensive that they couldn't get to the ovaries and they've recommended hormone therapy to shrink the whole thing down for a few months and then still possible surgery.  My only real concern now is that there could be something more sinister underlying the endo and they didn't take a sample for testing as they literally couldn't get to the ovary (which was diagnosed as complex by scan a month before the surgery).  The surgeon has said he is absolutely confident it's just endo but it still leaves me concerned and I'd appreciate knowing a bit more about your circumstances and what led to them finding the ovarian cancer / what your symptoms were / how this was connected, if at all, to the endo.

Thanks in ancitipation!

Hellen
x
that *****... well i think i might have endometreosis and im 17 the doctors cant find out whats wrong is there any way you can look at my post on my sight and help me and see what i can do