Enlarged ovary
Hi, last year i had my ovary and tube removed due to a large cyst. The surgeon told me that my remaining ovary was in enlarged and that I would need to have another scan to see if it went back to its normal size.
I had the scan today, which i was told that its still enlarged and that I would be referred back to gngyocolgy. I asked if she could see any cysts, but she wouldnt tell me.

What i'm wanting to know is if my ovary is removed could I still concieve? I want to prepare myself mentally for what the doctor will tell me next week.

I'm in my late 20's if it occurs that i have to have my ovary removed, I'm going to ask for an hysterectomy, would this happen?

Hope you can offer me some advice, as I cant speak to my family about this.

Thanks.
Have you had all the kids that you want to have and will ever want to have (even if you wind up married to someone else)?  I would fight the notion of losing my last ovary in my late 20s even if I had had all the kids I'd ever want, but I would definitely resist that suggestion if I was still interested in more kids.

If your second ovary is removed, you could still carry a child but you would need a donor egg to do it.  That's a whole different ball of wax, involving medical hassles and big expense.  If all you have is an enlarged ovary, ask about whether you could go onto a birth-control-pill regime (or other hormone-blocking treatment) and bring it down.  

Why would you ask for a hysterectomy in your late 20s?

I haven't had any children yet, and I dont think its going happen. I have a 'feeling' that its not meant to be.
Plus i've been preparing myself mentally that it wont happen incase it comes to the fact that I can't.

I've been having the same pains I was having before, which ended in me having my tube and ovary removed. I think its going to happen this way again..hopefully not but who knows till my results come back.

If it turns out that i have to have my ovary and/or tube removed. I would ask for a hysterectomy has my nan died of cancer of the womb and also my mum had to have a hysterectomy. so it will ease my mind, plus its not going to help me being there if i cant have kids.

I know im being negative but its easier to be this way then think everything is going to be fine.