Ovarian Cysts Community
Fallopian tube cysts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fallopian tube cysts

I had an ultra sound a few days ago and among many ovarian cysts, she they saw a fallopian tube cyst. (or something)  The tech did not think it was a mass because of its color and shape.  Can ultra sound really detect the difference between a cyst and a cancerous mass?  I have a follow up appt with the MD next week, just curious now
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Ultrasound is all about size and shape/structure and based on that they make some kind of diagnosis, but only pathology tests after surgical removal can confirm or deny cancer.  Sometimes they are just not sure what they see on ultrasound because it could be more than one possibility. Historically some sizes and shapes are more suspicious than others, and when a doctor is uncertain enough he/she will be more inclined to recommend either more tests or surgery. Don't trust the word of an ultrasound tech, since they make a lot of mistakes in interpreting what they see.  They are trained to administer the test only.  A very experienced radiologist must examine the results and give a report to your doctor. Try not to worry over what may be nothing serious at all.  Waiting for test results can be an awful process.
Blank
Is a lesion the same thing as a cyst?  I receive an ultrasound and my doctor said the results was I had a lesion on my right flalopian tube.  I'm confused if that means a cyst, a mass or what. I see my female doctor next week but I can't help but worry.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...