Ovarian Cysts Community
Fluid around the ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Fluid around the ovaries

I suffered from ovarian cysts.  Last year I had a >10cm cyst removed.  In August I had another one about 5cm.  With medication it dissolved, but now I got fluid around the right ovary that constantly causes a pain around the ovaries.  In the morning I wake up feeling nauseous (like morning sickness when you're pregnant).  Lately I find myself being nauseous during the day and in the evenings.  I went to my gynaecologist and he suggests that we remove the fluid by doing a laparoscopy.  My question is, do I have to worry that it can cause cancer and is it better to remove the one ovary?
You didn't mention what type of cyst you have. Cysts can wreak havoc with our bodies. they not only can cause pain, they can cause nausea, bloating, problems with bowels and bladders. Sometimes when a cyst ruptures it causes leaking of fluid into the abdomen which can cause alot of the symptoms you mention also. Did you have a transvaginal ultrasound? I know though, usually the cutoff for removing a cyst is 5cm or bigger. Take comfort in knowing that 95% of cysts are benign and come and go with menstruation. I think that anything that is causing pain and affecting your quality of life needs to be taken care of.
I hope you feel better and keep us posted
Laney