Ovarian Cysts Community
Fluid filled fallopian tubes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Fluid filled fallopian tubes

I had my surgery on Friday to remove the cysts that I and the doctors thought I had.  They were not sure though and they told me this before hand.  My Gyn could not tell from my US (ultrasound) if I had a cysts on my ovary or if it was a inflammed tubes, turns out my tubes were filled with fluid and it was removed.  The fluid had gotten to be so much that it really looked like a cysts but was not.  I had none of my reproductive organs removed (wonderful news) and I had a D&C to get a biopsy of the uters and a look at the fibroid.  I am sore but on the mend.  I just wanted to know if anyone else had this procedure  or when they had did they get pregnant soon after.  

Mind you, I have never been pregnant and I won't see my doctor until later on to ask him these questions, so I wanted to know, after all of these years and no babies ever will I now have a chance at being a mom or no, even though I am 44.
I know its a long shot but I am curious anyway.  Thanks
Fluid filled tubes are rarely discussed on this forum.  I searched around on other sites and found some information:

"Surgery to repair hydrosalpinx is rarely successful. Between 10 and 30 percent of women will conceive after the procedure, but many of those pregnancies will implant in the tube, rather than in the uterus. For women with hydrosalpinx, IVF is the most cost-effective option for conception. Unfortunately, the presence of fluid-filled fallopian tubes may result in lower success rates with IVF, in addition to a risk of miscarriage."

I also found a story that only about 600 women age 45 or older worldwide have been able to have children.  

I am sorry if that is upsetting news.  It is not impossible, but the chances of not being able to get pregnant, or of having problems if you do, are on the high side now.  But close monitoring by a good doctor or fertility specialist may be able to overcome it.

Ask your doctor's opinion since he knows your situation better.