Ovarian Cysts Community
HELP - Ovarian Cyst after Ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

HELP - Ovarian Cyst after Ablation

I am 45 - have had successful Novasure Ablation 3 years ago due to endometriosis - and through a CT scan, have found that I have a 3.8cm ovarian cyst (PCP said ovarian cyst - I won't see my OBGYN until Jan for confirmation of type) that is causing me great pain.

Is it likely they will want to remove the cyst or just try to treat the pain to see if it shrinks? I have had no bleeding but yes to bloating, pain, cramping, etc..... I have read that if the cyst is under 4cm they typically wait to see if it will shrink or grow before doing anything.

Oh and I do have a strong history of cancer in my family. I have not yet had the CA 125 test yet as I have not yet seen my PCP.
Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can form in the ovaries. They are common in child bearing age.  Mostly they are symptomless But Ovarian cysts can, however, cause problems if they twist, bleed, or rupture. Most ovarian cysts will go away on their own.

One of the most effective treatments for ovarian cysts is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Other modes of treatment are laparoscopic surgery, laparotomy or surgery for complicated ovarian cysts.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.