Heavy Bleeding after Cyst Removal
Last week I had a laparoscopy turned laparotomy to remove a large cyst. It was attached to my left ovary so they ended up having to remove that ovary and the tube. I believe I am on my period now, but it's very heavy.My periods were always heavy, however I woke up tonight with a lot of blood and now it won't stop. The constant bleeding is sort of light for me, but if I went to sleep again I would probably wake up with a mess after a couple hours. Should I be concerned or do you think this is just a heavy period normal after this sort of surgery?
They consider "heavy bleeding" that is serious to mean a thoroughly soaked sanitary napkin that needs to be changed every half hour.  If it is not that bad then you should be fine.  A heavy period could be quite normal as long as it is not as bad as I just described.

Best wishes on your full recovery!