Help??
I have had previous ovarian cysts. These were diagnosed via CT scan. What showed was ovarian cysts and a small amount of fluid located in the middle of the pelvis. These were determined to not be a threat.  I called my OB/GYN about the results, he looked them over and said they were normal for a woman my age. I am 43.  Now, I have a pretty bloated lower abdomen and midback pain on the right side and some occasional nausea as well as weight gain.  I have an appointment with a doctor to get a check up in a week.  I am kind of freaked out.  I lost a son to cancer a few years ago and I feel pretty terrified. Any advice?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
483733 tn?1326802046
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your son.  It is terrifying enough on its own.

The symptoms you are mentioning are also common with ovarian cysts.  I had them too - gained 10 lbs with mine.  It could be that this time the cyst is larger, not resolving on its own and causing more issues.  Keep in mind that over 95% are benign and perhaps this one you will have to have removed.  Please keep us posted.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for replying. I confess I get to be a basket case and anything I look up online says ovarian cancer with my symptoms, so it is scary.  I have a doctor appointment on Thursday, it is good to hear a rational voice out there like yours. Thank you!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources