Ovarian Cysts Community
Help??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help??

I have had previous ovarian cysts. These were diagnosed via CT scan. What showed was ovarian cysts and a small amount of fluid located in the middle of the pelvis. These were determined to not be a threat.  I called my OB/GYN about the results, he looked them over and said they were normal for a woman my age. I am 43.  Now, I have a pretty bloated lower abdomen and midback pain on the right side and some occasional nausea as well as weight gain.  I have an appointment with a doctor to get a check up in a week.  I am kind of freaked out.  I lost a son to cancer a few years ago and I feel pretty terrified. Any advice?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your son.  It is terrifying enough on its own.

The symptoms you are mentioning are also common with ovarian cysts.  I had them too - gained 10 lbs with mine.  It could be that this time the cyst is larger, not resolving on its own and causing more issues.  Keep in mind that over 95% are benign and perhaps this one you will have to have removed.  Please keep us posted.  Good luck.
Blank
Thank you for replying. I confess I get to be a basket case and anything I look up online says ovarian cancer with my symptoms, so it is scary.  I have a doctor appointment on Thursday, it is good to hear a rational voice out there like yours. Thank you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...