Ovarian Cysts Community
Hemmoragic ruptured ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hemmoragic ruptured ovarian cyst

Just yesterday my urologist phoned and told me that while reading the Cat Scan, for my kidney stone, they found blood in the  abdomen from a Hemorrhagic ruptured ovarian cyst on the left side. Now, I thought all the abdominal pain was from the stone being stuck in the urethra. But obviously not, since that passed. We couldn't understand the pain still being present.
Is this something that requires immediate medical attention? I called my OB, but have not heard back since yesterday.
Any input would be great.
Hopefully, someone else will come along to advise you, but I believe that the ruptured cyst just gets reabsorbed into the body. I don't think there is anything else you need to do. I am sorry you were in such pain. Let us know how you are!
I don't want to scar you, but I would definately take blood in the abdomen seriously.  Last year I went to the ER with extreme RLQ pain and the CT showed that I had free fluid in the abdomen,  I had to have an emergency laporotomy to remove my ovary and fallopian tube.  The Dr. said I had lost about 2 liters of blood and almost had to have a transfusion!  You need to get this checked out.  It could be a slow bleed, you need to be persistant and follow up on this ASAP!!!!  I hope all goes well for you.