I have a rapidly growing hemorrhagic cyst (measured 1.4 cm on 3/19, 4 cm on 3/24, 5.1 cm on 3/27). This is my 3rd time going through this. The first I had a laparotomy cystectomy (due to cancer concern), the second it caused ovarian torsion and I lost my right ovary. Both of those cysts were 9 cm.
Does anyone have experience with fast growth rate?
So....now my remaining ovary is "being bad." The DR knows I'm freaked out. She assures me that many people have them get huge and then resolve without complications.... Right after she said that she told me no exercise or heavy lifting, and that she's not a fan of me traveling to see family for spring break. Hmmmm....mixed messages (You'll be fine! Just don't do anything.) DR said if this doesn't resolve, laparotomy will be the only option to save my ovary.
So here's my conundrum - do I try to live a somewhat normal life and go to visit family for 5 days? If it ruptures or twists, so be it? Or do I sit and wait for impending ovarian doom? Each day the pain and cramping increases slightly. I feel like I'm waiting for torsion.
I'm 32 w 3 little ones, a recent miscarriage (this week)and a deployed husband, by the way. This ***** and I don't want to be forced into menopause! I'd almost rather just go ahead and have the laparotomy!
I am so sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment, try to keep things from overloading you if possible.
It's obviously a very hard situation but perhaps your Dr was just dancing on the safe side of caution. I suppose any cyst often poses the risk of torsion or rupture so pain could be imminent alot of the time. I'm off to Barbados (from England) in two weeks and my insurance has doubled in price due to having a cyst. I think they have to be cautious about cysts as they have the potential to get quite painful quite quickly.
It may be worth calling your Dr if possible (out of hours lines etc.) to discuss whether you are jeopardising your ovary by travelling. Find out how high the risk actually is. Also, if your break will be relatively relaxing it may be fine - stick to the 'no heavy lifting' but surely you can still travel?
I wish you all the best and keep us up to date. When they initially found my cyst (4.5cm) they thought it may be haemorhaggic but three months later it hadnt resolved (or changed at all really). Due to this they said its unlikely it is a haemorhaggic cyst.It may be that yours is going through a rapid cycle of growth but will just as quickly resolve. Good luck!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.