Hemorrhagic endometrioma
Hi.
I am a 36yo white female. I had a hsyterectomy 4 years ago for menorrhea. Both ovaires were left. Recently I went to the ER with abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea. After a CT scan the MD stated that I had some cysts oon my ovaries and to follow with my OB, which I did. I had a pelvic US and the sonographer said that  I have a hemorhagic endometrioma, pelvic fluid, and cysts on my l ovary. How can I have a endometrioma when I no longer have a uterus and is that the correct term? Will the pelvic fluid make my abdomen bloat and will I need surgery?
It is not uncommon for women to experience all different types of ovarian cysts, even after a hysterectomy.  Sometimes pelvic fluid and larger cysts can cause bloating and lower pelvic/abdomen discomfort but not all cysts and fluid need to be surgically removed right away and sometimes can be observed.  Hemorrhagic cysts or blood filled cysts can be part of a normal ovary's function, but certainly can be painful when the rupture, but then this sometimes help them resolve quicker.  I would continue following up with your gynecologist to be sure things don't get worse and to be sure you don't need to have this removed.  
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.