Ovarian Cysts Community
Hip pain shooting down leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hip pain shooting down leg

I've had pain now for about 3 weeks. It started as a twinge in the lower right side.  It has gotten worse and now is an achy pain around the right hip and deep inside. I have pain that shoots all the wy down my leg all day. It's worse when moving and a little better with rest. Went to OB last week and there was a cyst on my right ovary. Nurse mentioned it was complex but dr didn't and didn't seem concerned. He suggested waiting a month or two and see if it stil hurts. Primary doc cant find anything wrong. Does this sound like cyst pain? Is it normal to wait being in pain or shoud I go back sooner....thanks
Avatar dr f tn
An ovarian cyst should not be causing pain radiating to the hips and down to the legs. The nature of the cyst also needs to be determined, whether it is a simple cyst of there is any pathology. Spread to lymphatics can sometimes lead to such type of pain.  Biopsy of the cyst may be considered. Also you should get an opinion from an orthopaedic surgeon regarding the hip and leg pain.
Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
I had a very small cyst that had leaked and before I went in and confirmed it had leaked mine also caused pain in my hip that shot down my leg. My doc told me in would eventually go away. Fortunatly that pain did go away. I am not dealing with a much larger cyst on the other side. Please let me know if the pain goes away.