Ovarian Cysts Community
How long does it take a 3-4 cm ovarian cyst to form?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I had surgery 9 days ago, a lapraotomy(not spelled right) an MMK procedure and my right ovary and tube were removed also.. Recovery is slow coming and i have been in horrific pain for the last couple days. Went to the ER today and they found this 3-4cm cyst on my left ovary. BTW I had a hysterectomy in July with my ovaries left in place..Before the surgery in July my bladder was already leaking, and my doc was aware of that.. 30 min before they wheeled me back, i reminded him and he said oh oh we will have to reschedule this if you want to do that also.. Well i was so tired of being in pain and so reassured that the hyster would fix it i said no go ahead with the surgery.. Well needless to say was stiill in pain on same right side a month and a half after that. So he sent me to urologist that said i had stress and urge incontinence. And recommended surgery. as well as meds.
My doctor and I and my husband were in agreement that if there was nything wrong with my left ovarry he would take it as well.  Right after my surgery he rushed out to labor and delivery and told my husband that the left ovary looked great!!! We believe that he has just been trying to make money off of my insurance company.. If anyone has any info that may be helpful it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi Brewer,
I'm somewhat in the same position.  I had emergency surgery 3 weeks ago to remove my left ovary and fallopian tube due to a 2.5 cm complex cyst that had caused the ovary to twist.  A week later i'm back in the same horrendous pain and after further testing turns out I have a 4.9 cm complex cyst on my right ovary.  After the last surgery my Gyno had said if I started having cysts on my right ovary it would be time for a hysterectomy.  

Now i'm slated for this upcoming Wed for a total hysterectomy.  Whats a bummer is when he went in for the surgery 3 weeks ago, I asked him to take it all out but he wouldn't.  

I don't know how fast cysts grow but it just seems so strange that in such a short time span, 7 days in my case and apparently 9 days in your case, that these things can spring up and grow so quickly.  
Totally believe that my hysterectomy was the best thing ever!! It is just really sucking that there have now been3 procedures done in the last 4 months!! Very aggravating!! Good luck to you!!! Let me know how it goes!!
Thank you for your input! It does help to know that you arent alone in these crazy situations you know?