How long does it take for fluid to absorb?
My 13 yr old had surgery to remove a hemmoraghic cyst in June.  In July she was back in the hospital in pain again..and another US showed fluid in her abdomen.  They think it was another cyst that burst, but it would have had to grow pretty fast to have the fluid show up on the US I would think.  How long does it take for that fluid to reabsorb?    
rose
im sorry ur little girl is going thru so much
try reading dr birnbaums pamphlet on ovarian cysts :

http://infertilityphysician.com/ovarian_cysts/intro.html

theres other info in the health topic tabs but of course since she is a teen her anatomy would be different and she may be cystic for different reasons

gather as much info as u can and make a list of questions u want to ask doc
about ur daughter's condition ... have they given u any reason why she is developing them ?

i pray u and ur daughter peace during these tryig times
sharon
No, they haven't given a reason, except "this sometimes happens".  I had read the pamphlet, and that's what got me concerned about the fluid.  She had surgery less than a month before, so I couldn't see a cyst growing fast enough to make a differnece with the fluid they found again, but the docs up here seemed satisfied that that was what it was.  

I am in the process of trying to get a referral to a female gynecologist for her to see.  I know at 13 I would have felt more comfortable with a woman examining me.