Ovarian Cysts Community
How much bleeding is normal after laparoscopy -- complicated by period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I had spotting/light bleeding after my 28th June laparoscopy which then turned into my period which was due July 1st. It really came in on 3rd. July and I am bleeding still. I only go through about 2-3 pads/day, never have to change at night so it's not particulary heavy, about normal for my period. It just seems long due to the surgery. At what point do I become concerned?

Linda
I went to the hospital Monday for the exact same problem.

My lap was on Friday and I started bleeding Monday not even due a period. It was very heavy with clots and I was terrified.

But the nurse reassured me that the surgery will mess with your periods and not to worry.

I was getting through a pad every few hours but even so she said that if it were haemmoraging then it would be like a pad every half hour. My bleeding did stop after 4 days.

I have read elsewhere that getting through more than a pad in two hours is cause for concern, but if I was at all concerned, if it was unlike my regular bleeding as mine was, I would just see a doctor to make sure anyway.

Hope you are ok
Thanks so much. This is acting just like my normal period so I'm not terribly concerned, more curious. I'm not in pain, no cramping, etc. so all seems well. I also got my tubes tied and I hear that can mess with the length and quality of your cycle.

You've reassured me. I'll go if the bleeding continues beyond the weekend as that should be when my period is due to stop. I'll go 5-7 days normally.

Linda
After my laproscopy, I spotted/light bleeding for nearly two weeks after surgery. Not really enough to need a full size maxi pad, but enough that I needed the thin ones. I went through maybe 2-3 per day, and towards the end maybe 2 a day, sometimes only one.
They told me it was fairly normal, especially because of the weird little machine they put in there (did they tell you about that one? Did you SEE it? I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that thing and realized where it had to go!) The little machine that moves your uterus around apparently clips to your cervix, and they told me that the machine itself, any rubbing/movement, etc, and the clip can irritate or scratch everything, and the normal reaction for the body is to bleed lightly until new tissue grows.
I really wanted it to end, since I always take a nice warm bath when I'm not feeling up to par, and I couldn't! Orders from the gyn... no baths till all bleeding stops for at least two days. (Guess where I was not quite 48 hours after!)
Hang in there... it's annoying, but it eventually goes away.
~Marianne
Hello - Im probably going to need a lap done in Aug.  This info is very usefull.  
Just wondering what you girls had the lap. for.  Was it a cyst?  How lond did they make you wait till surgery?  I have a hem. cyst on left ovary causing pain for 4 weeks now.  My mind is sooooo Consumed by this.  Love the sight.  You girls are better then most doctors.
Hope you feel well soon.
Kimmy
i had a lap done last week. it was extremely painful, everone said that its a nice simple surgical operation but, i woke up from the anaesthetic and couldnt breathe from the pain the gas was causing. terrible!!

i had some light bleeding that first day out of hospital and the dr told me that that is the only bleeding that will occur. so the next day my bleeding stopped and i was very happy and relieved. then when i woke up this morning (3 days after surgery) i was bleeding fresh blood like a period. i became really scared and had an anxiety attack. i went to the dr and he said that it was very normal to bleed and that it could even be my period. i was just thinking in my head. you bloody assholes, why dont you just tell us what to expect so that we dont freak out!!!
RaaaggghhHH
i too had a lap last wed (5 days ago) and have been bleeding on and off since then (light) i called the doctor and they told me not to worry unless i have pain too (well of course i have pain i've just had an op) so i just wondered how long is normal to have a swollen and tender tummy after surgery??

p.s my lap was for removal of an ectopic and they also removed one of my tubes.  
I am due for laparoscopy procedure tomorrow.  I have slight cramp just now which tends to mean that my periods will arrive tomorrow.  I was told by the nurse that laparocopy procedure cannot be carried out if my periods come.  I am so upset as I have waited so long for this appointment.  Anyone know if anything I can do, delay period, or do they go ahead if your period comes during the lap?

I had the Lap done on the 9th of this month and was told that I may bleed for a few days after. Well I did bleed for the next 6 days like a regular period, had a 2 day break, then started my period one 17th or 18th of this month! Now my question is how long should my first period be after my lap becaus I'm still bleeding about 1-2 mostly 1 pad a day and it's been about 12 days!! Has anyone else had this problem? I might just go to the doc tomorrow.

I had a lap done on 16 September to remove stage 3 endo.  The doctor removed the endo which was on both my ovaries, my bladder and my cervix.  I don't think I really prepared myself for the post operative pain....it really was a killer.  On 9 October my period came with avengence!!!!!!  It was extremely painful for the first two days...the pain was all consuming, shooting up my back and down my thighs.  I see the doc next week, so will let you all know whether this kind of pain is an expected consequence of the surgery.
I finally went to a gyno after I was experiencing a lot of pain during intercourse.  Turns out I had a imperforate hymen, however was still receiving my period on a monthly basis.  Doctor stated that it was a simple procedure to correct, but advised me to have lap done just to make sure things were okay in there.  I had lap done on October 17, everything turned out normal.  I read everything I could find online regarding the lap, however nothing prepared me for the pain.  It is day 5, still bleeding, still feel bloated ( can not fit into my regular clothes), bruises, constipation, back pain, leg pain, can not remember the rest.  They also gave me a prescription to "estrace, vaginal cream"- read all the side affects and warnings online- that I scared myself (I am not using it)... Told the doctor I was.  I am suppose to go to doctor and have stitches removed tomorrow, I really do not want the doctor to even touch me, I feel so sore & I hope he does not notice that I have not used the cream.  I suffer from anxiety and at times panic attacks, Can anyone please tell me when does it get better and has anyone used this estrace cream.  Mom comments "you shouldn't be in that much pain, its such a simple procedure", (are you kidding me, mom) .

I am so thankful I found this community, I was feeling alone.

Thank you,

Jani
Dear Dee, Deli, and Jani,

Wow, I am sorry you all are having so much pain and problems.  I am not trying to run you off by any means, but I feel you will get more answers and help on the ovarian cyst forum.  The women on the cyst forum have been going through this stuff for a long time and know what they are talking about.  There is actually a lively discussion on recoup times and post lap problems. Some womn have been very surprised at the pain factor since it is so often minimized by the Drs.

The women on here have had everything removed so if we have blood issues it is something else entirely, like we are bleeding from a bad place, or we have CBC problems.

I think you will find that Lori, Sandy, Trudie, Ireneo and many others including Val who is new but picking up quite a bit will be able to help you all. Please give it a try as I really do feel that is your best bet for support & help.

Also, I noticed that you are all new and it would help if you would put something in your profile.  You don't have to give up all of your privacy, just give enough info so they can answer you better.  Things like age and where you live can make a huge difference in the advice you get. Also, filling in a little history about your case helps so they can look back at it if they forget stuff.

Good luck to you all.
Jan

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/258
Thank You.
I had laparoscopy surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary 8 days ago
They removed two cysts which formed a large mass along with my ovary
It is 8 days later and I am cramping and have some bleeding like I'm starting my period although I wasn't expecting it for another week-9 days
Is this normal? I still feel swollen/bloated and awful
please help
Gail
Hello Everyone,
I'm so happy to have this resource to turn to in a most uncertain and scary time in my life. I am a healthy, 27 year old woman with a history of ovarian cysts.
Feb 6, 2009 I had lap surgery to remove several cysts (some with debris and cysts within a cyst) from my left ovary. I've had cysts on both right and left ovaries for years now. Thankfully my right ovary straightened up and is free and clear. Lefty, not so much but thank goodness, no cancer.
So it's now 6 days post op and am constantly asking myself "is this normal?", mostly in regards to bleeding. (I need a rent-a-doctor to be on call just for ME)
I started bleeding, fresh blood, about 1.5 days after surgery. I was beside myself. My doctor told me that if it didn't stop by Wednesday (of this week) to call as I could have an infection. Of course by Tuesday night there was nothing to be found in the line of spotting, Wednesday the same. Now, of course, on Thursday night I find that there is some dark, bloody? discharge. It's almost brown in color. Kind of like residual spotting after a period. I'm stumped and pretty much have no one to call until the morning.
Other than that my recovery has been going quite well. I tire easily and find I'm very crampy, but every day is a bit better than the last. The lower back pain is quite annoying, I feel like I've physically aged 20 years in a weeks time.
If anyone has some advice or similar previous experiences, all responses are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
For many (at least 15 ) years I've encountered painful cystic issues. I was told that "popping" and pain during ovulation is normal. I had internal and external ultrasounds and sonograms performed, whch showed normalcy. I knew something was wrong, however I didn't know who to turn to. I continued online research and spoke to a few women who had similar symptoms (fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, pelvic pain, and pain during intercourse); apparently symptoms my vary.

This time I went with a list of quesions regarding the possibilites of what I might have. And, most importantly inquired about a laparoscopy. Once again, another utltrasound and the result was the same - normalcy. Finally, I was referred for a laparoscopy. PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF!!

I just returned home (Sat) from a laparoscopy, which was performed on Thursday. Thankfully there weren't any major complications!!! A myoma (myoma of the uterus is commonly called a fibroid) was removed and also endometriosis.

For more info regarding endometriosis, see url: http://www.endo-resolved.com/index.html

The doctor told me that bleeding is normal a few days after, so I'm not to be alarmed. And of course, I'm sure I'll probably start my period on Monday!!!!

I tube remained on my right side for a day after the surgery for excess drainage. I was told the doc would take it out, put prior to my urination it fell out. No big worries........it was taped and will close on its own.

Oh yeah, swelling and bloating are normal. And to decrease your chances of continued bloating and gas, stay away from eating highly acidic fruits, salads, and sodas and least a week after the surgery.

If they don't tell you and you've read this blog, then ask your questions prior to surgery. It will definitely help relieve any anxiety.   :)

If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed this site (http://www.endo-resolved.com/index.html) on laparoscopy might ease your mind. It did for me, as I live in Germany and don't quiet understand the language........my nerves weren't as bad after reading the website.

Ladies----don't ya just love life as a female!!!

Thanks and best wishes for good health and spirits.
Hi Ladies,

I had lap on 8/19/09 and everything was fine they didn't see anything wrong with me i took lupron i don't kow if that helped but they said there is No Endo so that was a realive for me and my husband yet i got my period today 9/08/09  i hope things will work out for you all, just get the lap done and see what pain medication doct prescribe for you.

Good luck to all of You
I had a Laparoscopic surgery on December 7th, where they found that I had stage 2 endometriosis. I was relieved that the doctor could find the root of my fertility problems. Unfortunately after my surgery, my cycle was 4 days late. I finally am having my period and it is worse than ever. I am going through one super tampon every 2 hours. I am wondering if this is normal. I am on my 4th day of this and getting a little nervous.
I had a lap done on Dec. 10th today is the 28th.....18 days of bleeding. I have called the doctor twice now and he seems to think that everything is normal....had he mentioned I would be bleeding this long I might have thought about it a little longer. The good news is he was able to open up one tube, so eventually I should be able to have children. Since we dont want children right away he put me on birthcontol with no break. Thats why I think it's odd that I am still bleeding. It's not as bad as it was at first. I'm goin through about two regular pads a day. Has anyone else bled this long afterwards?
I had a larascopy on Monday 4th Jan 2010. For the last 5 days I have had a period (a week early) but the difference is it's as heavy as the very first day of my period and there is no sign of it letting up.  I get really heavy and painful periods as it is so with my period pains and the pain from the operation, let's just say I'm not doing too great.
.
I was told that I could go back to work within a week, it will be a week tomorrow and I'm still having problems sitting up straight, I'm aching all over, starting to get headaches and feeling tired all the time, perhaps due to the amount of blood I'm losing everyday!  

A friend suggested that I'm not getting enough iron. I'm going to my doctors tomorrow as there is no way I'll be able to work in my current state and if my period continues like this I may run out of blood soon!

I am so glad I decided to go online, I was getting really worried, to know I'm not alone means alot.
I had a laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy last Friday and after a week of very typical symptoms I have now developed extremely heavy vaginal bleeding. I am really concerned about this. I know that I had some endemetriosis taken away during the procedures but know little else. It is very fresh, red blood and an enormous amount of it. I am now wearing my husbands pants and 2 towels!! All dignity gone. Any words of wisdom from out there? Is this normal? I am panicking this is unlike any period I have ever had.

I have just heard from the Doctor after a panic-stricken phone call and he is 'not duly concerned' and I have to pick up a prescription for medication. Can anyone shed any light on this?
iv just had my lap done during the week after having terrible pains in my right side and my lower back for months ..i was exhausted from the pain,it turned out to be a large cyst on my ovary .they told me it would be an easy and not very painfu surgery to recover from (.ha )am in bits but to make matters worse they decided AFTER cutting me twice they would leave it for a futher 3 weeks to decide if or if not take it out ...i am so annoyed i might have to go through it again ....it just takes over ur life and am no better, the pain is still there on top of the pain from the lap ... has this happend to anyone else and what was the outcome ???
Hi I just had lap done on Feb 8th! Had tubal pregnancy. So painful. Had to have tube removed. Other one was clear. Hopefully I will be able to conceive. I've had alot of bleeding too. Go back Monday to the doctor. He recommended to start taking iron pills also which i did for the tiredness. Still feeling achy and tired. Go back to work next Tuesday. Hope all is well!!
It sounds like you're going to be dealing with the pain for a little while, and the only thing that has worked for my cyst pain is acupuncture. It takes a few weeks to really work, but I was amazed. I used to take 4 ibuprofen for the pain, which would last for weeks, and now I haven't taken any meds in about 6 months (since I started seeing the acupuncturist). Just thought you might benefit from a pain management alternative. Best of luck with getting everything resolved.

I'm also having my cyst removed in 4 days. I just hope I can keep my ovary :/
so are adhesions actually endometriosis my doc said she removed a lot of adhesions.....
elva, I think you should ask this question in the endometriosis forum,  because they probably all know how to guide you.  From my experience with a laparoscopic appendectomy years ago, I remember the doc saying there were many adhesions, and that he removed endometriosis, so I THINK they are the same, as you've surmised.  B"ut to be sure, ask in the endo forum!  And keep us posted as to your health!
I am 25 years old and March 19, 2010 was my SECOND laproscopic surgery and let me tell you.....it has not been a pretty picture. In April of 09 I had an 11cm cyst that ruptured.  It stayed in me for 15 days.....did u get that...15 days. It wasnt until another doctor at another hospital e/r found it.  Thats when my gyno realized how serious it was and for once I felt I wasn't going nuts. For the past year it has been HELL every month. In pain to no end, can't move or do anything. Missing time from from school and work because of the narcotics they give me. E/R visit after visit for more ovarian cysts forming.  And that is BEFORE my scheduled period. Once the period comes.....HOLY MOTHER OF GOD for at least 2 days.
I switched doctors to help because no one could seem to tell me why I am still having this issue. I mean do something....FIX ME!! I was feed up and I told my new doctor to take my ovary COMPLETELY OUT. I had no kids (although I have been trying) and the pain is always on  the right side sooooo........GET RID OF IT. Guess he saw my seriousness and did the pelviscopy.  
He finds I have endometriosis. On the right side it attached to my bladder and intestine (which he got rid of) and the left....is a whole nother project.  I was excited to finally have a diagnosis and optimistic that maybe I can be okay.  Spotting on friday then Saturday comes and its heavy bleeding like I am on a normal period. Could be since I hadn't had a period since december...ok. But its not letting up. Nasty blood clots and just blood. Its wednesday and its my first day back to work. I am starting to think that this wasnt a good idea because I am in pain as we speak.  I wound up with a double ear infection along with recoverng from the surgery. You are talking about......MISERABLE.
So ladies I know what you are going through. I have been there, done that and wrote the book.  All this at 25 years old. Being told I can't have kids at 25 yeards old. 2 surgeries in a year at 25 years old.  I sure am hoping there is light at the end of this tunnel because as of right now..........its pretty dim.

Good luck to all.....thanks for sharing
I had laparoscopy on 12/22/09 for a 10cm dermoid, got my period on 12/30, pretty much right on scheule. Everything was normal.  Then about 1/10, nearly 3 weeks after surgery, the bleeding started and didn't stop until 3.5-4 weeks later. I had my post-op appt about a week into it and the dr. said it was normal.  When it didn't let up, I asked my sister who'd had lap for endo many years ago and she couldn't remember the details but didn't seem alarmed - said it's just your body getting rid of stuff after they've been up in there moving stuff around - haha... so I was relieved and gave myself another week before calling the dr. again and by then it was tapering off.  It wasn't like normal period bleeding - sort of diluted but heavy.  There was never any pain plus my sis' reassurance so I wasn't too concerned. I became a bit dehydrated because I was losing so much water but that was about it.

Everyone is different so just be attuned to your body and remember that you know your body best. I just wish they had told me about the potential for all that bleeding beforehand or that I had read this discussion but it's all in the past now and I'm completely recovered.
I had a lap on march 7 2010 n I was in little pain for bout 2 days. The other days I'm just takin it slow not goin out in the outside air cuz I'm still open. So I will tell anyone stay in the bed for 3 day don't do to much walkin. For bout 5 days just tak it easy.its been 4 days since my lap and I feel good. Just lil swallow and bleedin.
I stumbled across this forum while looking to see if it was normal to have bleeding post op.  But I have to say I am glad that I didn't stumble across it before I had the op.  I don't think I would have gone through with it after having read one or two of the comments here.
I'd just like to reassure anyone that is going through this procedure that you are in capable hands.  The doctors know what they are doing.  I spoke to the anesthesiologist who was very reassuring and told me that he had carried out anesthetics for thousands of patients and nothing had ever gone wrong.  I also spoke to the surgeon about my concerns and everything was explained to me in detail.  (even photographs of my insides afterwards)
I had my surgery on Wednesday 7 April and as expected was very sore afterwards.  Its Friday now and I am tender and experienced some bleeding which I was unsure of so I rang the hospital.  The nurse told me that it is to be expected.  She said that there will be some clotting for some days and as long as the clots aren't too big there is nothing to worry about.  I asked what she thought was big and she said the size of an orange.  She also said if I was going through more than 7 pads in a day then to go in and get checked.
I was in to have adhesions removed from my pelvic area and a blood filled cyst from my right ovary.  The surgery was 2 hours long because it was a particularly severe case.  But for a normal laparoscopy it doesn't take long at all.
My advice to anybody on this site is this.  If you are unsure if bleeding is too heavy or concerns with clots or excessive pain then please contact your Emergency room.  Its very important that you get seen if there are complications.  Even phone up the gynae ward and speak to someone there.
Best of luck with any upcoming surgery and get well soon to all those who are recovering from it.
GK
I had lap surgery 3 days ago for an etopic pregnancy in my right tube, doctor also had to drain and remove scar tissue on my left tube which apparently was a big huge mess. I've had 5 miscarriages and now this tubal pregnancy. I was not bleeding very much until today. Now I have dark red/black clots and semi heavy flow. Is this normal? I called the surgery floor and they said go to ER to be sure. But the ER is 30 min away and I'm alone. I'm not having any abnormal pains just the fresh blood and weird clots. Anyone else have any answers for this type symptoms. I'm not due for a period I don't think since I just lost a pregnancy
I just have a quick question.  For some reason I thought after laparoscopy I would have a couple of periods, maybe three, but then after that I wouldn't have a period anymore, but I still do.  Does anyone know if the periods eventually stop?  Thank you in advance for any info.
I had Lap done 5 days ago to remove adhesions and i'm still bloated, still have a little pain and still bleeding fresh bright blood. Not having to take pain relief anymore though. My nurse told me it is ok to be still bleeding as long as it is not clots and heaps of blood. I was told by my discharge nurse that you only bleed for 2 days and anything more you should see your doctor straight away. But, they just tell you to go home and rest. So, after reading all of these comments online, I think everyone is having different recoveries and we just have to listen to our own body. It is VERY helpful to have other comments to read because I was getting worried about still bleeding. Hope you all get better and have babies (if that's what you're getting the lap for) :)
I had a lap done on the April 25th.  The thing is that I had taken Provera for that cycle so I could start on the NuvaRing to help with the PCOS cyst.  That period was extremely heavy. I started that period on the 17th of April, and I was still on it when I had the lap done.  The thing is with me I haven't stopped bleeding, I went from one period to spotting (everyday) and into another period that has last 6 days now.  Today is May 20th (so 34 days now).  I know that it's normal to bleed after surgery, but for how long.  I haven't stopped.  Is this really normal?
Hi everyone,
I had my lap done on May 11, 2011. I have bleed since none stop very heavy. The doctor just says to keep him informed of the bleeding. As for the bleeding cycle after a lap is hard to say everyone is different and everyone's body acts different. If someone is bleeding longer then two weeks you are suppose to keep in touch with your doctor. I have PCOS and have never had a regular period. The removal of my cyst on my tubes helped get rid of one pain, but gave me a new one.
Now my right side hurts where my gall bladder is. Have talked with my doctor and been to ER, but no one knows why the pain is there and will not go away. Personally I think with all the stuff they do during lap that my gall bladder might of been going bad and they just made it go. But is it normal to hurt like this on the right side under the breast right near the ribs after lap? If so how long does it normally last?
I had a lapro done on Monday and they found a huge ovarian cyst which they removed. I started to bleed Tuesday and its gone very heavy and its now Thursday. I am a little worried about it as they never told me to expect this. I don't think these doctors give you much information about what to expect afterwards and there soon to kick you out of the hospital as well, in my area anyway {tame side hospital}. Also my belly button is messed up and looks weird another thing i didn't expect.
I had a lap done a week ago. Was in bed the first two days and started getting better on the third. I had a cyst and endometrios removed. So it was a long op and 4 incisions. Read more and see pics here on my blog: http://****************.co.za/doctors/laparoscopy.html
I had light bleeding for a few days, and was expecting my period today. I normally have pretty light periods with maybe one or two heavy days. The thing that was hard for me this time was feeling so weak today (normally just before the major bleed starts).  I had to go lie down.
I agree with funky monkey: the doctors know what they are doing. It feels good to be "cleaned out" and I am hopeful that this is just the next step towards having a baby.
i also just had a lap done 4 days ago, i was bleeding just after but then it stopped the same day, i was out of the hospital the day after. the day after that i started bleeding heavy, i panicked and went back to the hospital, they said it was normal and could be my period, im not due my period so i thought i had burst something! its my period! if i knew i could have taken my period within days i wouldnt have went back to the hospital, i felt silly when they said its my period!! im glad i found this site x its very helpfull, you get more info here than at the doctors office!!
I had lap on 9/16/11 and stilling bleeding today. My period is schduled for today; my back hurts like my period is on but I'm still unsure because I have been bleeding for the past couple of weeks. Its not heavy at all like it usually be on the first day. Really confused on whats going with my body losing so much blood I'm tired all day long I have no energy. How long am I suppose to bleed; and why am I exspercing sharp cramps.
HI everyone who has had theirs done I had my lap done today and can I tell you what they said its a small nothing majour they are lying its a killer and the pain is terrible stil in hospital leaving in an hour really looking 4ward to just get home.... Did you people c your doc after your opp I havnt seen him don't even knw what he did nurses can't tell me didn't write it on my file so anoyed only. Due toi see him in aweek for the stitches but I'm telling yoiu I am dying of pain I think they removed cysts not too shure will prob find out next week.... What pain med did they give you guys I only got tramacet and with the amount of pain I'm having ny shure how thts gna b of much help... Good luck for the 1nce recovering and to those who still have to go  
I had a lap done in Germany on June 11 2011..This site really helps me alot but right now Im getting worried:-( I did not have a reg period until Aug cont till Sept then now Im bleeding so much like I did before lap.I dont know what is going on and have not seen my doc who performed surgery due to being military family member and must have a referral which *****..My advice is to look into your options before even doing a lap because now I regret doing it after all this bleeding and pain not to mention left with 3 scars.
hey guys, i had my lap done on 10th jan 2012 to get rid off my bilateral cysts and endometriosis. initially i had certain problems with my stitches... a few of them got septic as well... but now they r fine except for the one on my naval... it pricks badly sometimes... anywaz, i ended up with my last periods on 9th jan... had my lap on 10th jan... got my periods again which ended for 5-6 days... i was doing fine... suddenly on 24th i started getting dark brown/black discharge with severe cramps... i called up my doc next day and she said its normal... the pain gradually went off but the discharge hasn't stopped even till today... i am due for my next periods on 8th feb... is this all normal... doc gets annoyed on my queries and so i need ur help... r periods more painful for next few months after lap... do they also become irregular... how much time will it take my belly button to get normal again???? HELP!!!!!
I had a laparoscopy for endometriosis three weeks ago and am feeling really good. I was in pain and feeling pretty ill for the first four days with sore shoulders, slight bleeding and painful stitches. My lower stitches are now completely gone, however my belly button stitches are still pretty sore and I think infected. I have also experienced diarrhea nearly every morning since my opp. Is this normal? I have not had a perion yet as im on the pill and have heard the first few are particularly painful.
I am 23... and worried about infertility and being able to fall pregnant due to the scaring of the endo. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
I had a laparoscopy for endo & ovarian cyst on march 6 2012 & my 2 periods after the surgery have been crazy & with this period I'm having pains like crazy, I hope all falls into place soon
My thoughts exactly. The same thing happened to me and I also wondered why this hadn't been explained!
I just had a laparoscopy for endometriosis a month ago I just got my first period since the op and its still very painful and I am still bleeding a lot I dont know what to do it feels like nothing has changed, Has anyone else had this problem and does it get better??
you're absolutely right. The doctors should tell us, what to expect. Guess they don't always have the time for it.
I had my lap 4 weeks ago to remove some endimetreosis and i also had a coil fitted. I also had a c section last oct and the gyn found my scar had attached itslef to my tummy. I am still bleeding very sore tummy cramps and STILL some shoulder tip pain on occasion!!i am havin clots still whoch are dark in colour. I did explain to the gyn that i am very sensitive to contaceptive and i am experiencing the same symptoms as before migraines feelin low and just feelin terrible constant uti and i also suffer panick attacks can anyone else give me advice please xx
Yes this is normal and will continue for a few days until your next regular cycle starts. You would be asked to take a liquid diet for atleast 3 days with 3 days total rest and not to lift heavy weights and no travelling long distances.
I had a lap done for endometriosis. I spotted after for a few days. Doc said this was normal due to everything she just did. I had it done between cycles. Iam now 12 days late. Not sure if this is normal. I know the surgery will have some effect but its been 40 days inbetween periods. Any awnsers anyone????
Hi I just had a lap two days ago, and all this comments on ere are useful,ime bleeding slightly and was worried cause I only came of my period last week,they treating my pain for endo and put me on menopause injections cause I have severe pain in my uturus,if I don't help ime having a full hysterectomy in 6 weeks,just want to b feel normal again and sex is a no no cause the pain after is unbearable
obviously this is late to comment but this is just in case anyone were to scroll down this now... but they can still do the surgery if you are on your period. I had my lap four days ago and with my luck I started my period the morning of my surgery. I let them know once I got to the hospital and they said that was totally fine. However, because the surgery messes around with your ovaries and such, your period does get messed up for the month. I bled heavily for the day of my surgery and the day after and then my period suddenly stopped. I thought to myself, "cool! 2 day period, im done!" but low and behold my period came back again today :( however I am a little nervous this time because though it is not as heavy, the blood is very very dark (almost black) and I have been VERY dizzy all day.

ps. my procedure was to remove severe endometriosis and multiple ovarian cysts on both ovaries.
I had my laparscopic surgery on December 19th.  On December 20th, I started my period and it hasn't stopped yet.  The doctor changed my birth control pills, but that didn't stop it.  Now, she put me on two months of estrogen. This is driving me crazy. I hate having a period for 5 to 7 days, but two months+ (still on it) is driving me INSANE! It doesn't help my husband and I's love life either.
Signed,
Sick of this !@(&).!3.$;:!
I had laparoscopy for endometriosis n cyst removal 3weeks ago. My doctor put me on Danazol  to make fake menopause. I had light bleeding the first two weeks and now I'm on heavy period. I'm so worried. Does anyone have the same problem?