Ovarian Cysts Community
Huge Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Huge Cyst

I'm 27 no kids and not sure exactly what i'm looking for but i found out about a month ago I have a cyst on my ovaries its 35cm by 22cm one im wondering how big that is exactly and what else to expect.... if you can give me question to ask i draw a blank what exaclt should i ask.... give me answers to what i dont know or what to expect im a blank lost canvas looking for answers to this cyst that I don't know to much about but it's location and measurments!!!!
Are you in any pain from it?
a cyst measuring 35x22 is a fairly large cyst. it works out to 13.78 inches x 8.7 inches

That being said cysts on ovaries aren't dangerous UNLESS they get extremely big causing pain or heavy bleeding.  Almost every woman will develop cysts at some point but man of us don't even know it as they are often smaller & have no symptoms.

your dr will order a repeat ultrasound for anywhere from 2-6 weeks to check the size then. IF it's grown bigger then he may start discussing options with you, but remember most cysts go away on their own.  HOWEVER if you develop sudden pain it can mean that the cyst has burst & you need to see a dr asap.  It's EXTREMELY painful & u need it checked to make sure there is no damage to the ovary itself.

HTH
Melissa
Yes I am in pain from it.... I only brought it to my doctors attention because I was in pain at the moment but I  have had the pain for over a year I can not literally lay on my stomach if I do lay on my stomach I feel as if I put a ball under my shirt and am trying to balance myself and it is extremely painful.... I look as if i'm due any moment I have gained over 100lbs in 1year and 2 months and counting....
Thanks for some information you have taken me from scared to this is common it'll be ok....
I'm glad I was able to help, even if just a little.  :-)

The fact that you are in pain from it may mean that it's putting pressure on the ovary & you should probably see a dr asap.  They'll probably prescribe something for pain & re-scan to make sure it hasn't grown any.  Cysts are EXTREMELY common as I said before, but be sure not to over exert yourself as that can put un-needed pressure on that area which may make it worse. Under NO means should you attempt sex until the cyst is gone as the act itself can cause horrible pains or cause it to burst which is EXCRUCIATING.  I worry that if it were to burst it may cause some damage to the ovary.  I've had smaller ones burst & no matter where they are located they all hurt BUT my biggest burst cyst was a little over 1/2 ur size. Even small cysts bursting on ur ovary can cause damage so PLEASE make sure u follow up soon with ur dr for a repeat scan & definitely let us know the result :-)

If u wanna inbox to talk more feel free.  I've been through so many cyst scares with my PCOS that I lost count, but may be able to help or at least someone to talk to who has been through it :-)

Wishing you all the best
Melissa