Hypoechogenic heterogeneous ovarian cyst
I recently had my ultrasound done and my OB GYN has recommended an MRI for ovarian cyst since it has increased in size. The prescription had "Hypoechogenic Heterogeneous ovarian lesions on left ovary"

Does anyone know what this means? I have been trying for pregnancy and am worried if my ovary will be removed.
Hypoechoic means a bright appearance on ultrasound; bright objects are solid (the opposite/dark on U/S is fluid).

Heterogeneous means an irregular echo pattern.

Translated, it means there is a solid irregular appearance to the cyst on ultrasound.  So is it a complex cyst?  A dermoid?  Endo? What are the measurements?  Usually after an U/S they are able to make those determinations and give you a size in centimeters (cm) and something more descriptive in plain English.

MRI is used when they are simply NOT SURE if it is endo or a complex cyst after ultrasound tests and the MRI can see the difference a lot better.

Plenty of women have had these problems treated and went on to have families, so don't get too distressed.  You're just going through the diagnostic process, the waiting and the wondering.  The doctor wants a clearer picture of what is there so a correct treatment can be planned.