Hysteroscopy, laparoscopy - incision healing
I had a hysteroscopy & laparoscopy over 5 weeks ago. After the initial days of recovery from general anesthesia and healing I felt like I was healing fast. I returned to work and was careful, only dresses, no pants or heavy activity, but at week 3 it seemed as though I was regressing. I was seeing my OBGYN every week and he said I was healing just fine and although I was worried about one of my incisions being infected, he assured me that wasn't the case. Every time he said that it's some fluid from the stitches dissolving. My incision around my belly button is the one that doesn't seem to want to heal. I have to clean out fluid every morning and evening after I shower. The incision hurts and although somewhat painful to squeeze out the fluid, I feel relieved and in less pain afterwards. The past few days, the pain has increased and I really don't know what to do anymore. I didn't squeeze any fluid out today for the first time but feel as though that is the reason I am in so much more pain today. The pain in and around this incision feels like 3 days after the surgery. I am going to the hospital tomorrow for an HSG test and will ask my OBGYN to take another look at my incision but am concerned about the pain. Given that other incision is not causing any problems, I feel as though I should be further along. I welcome any tips, suggestions, etc. as I feel completely lost at this moment.
thanks
hi i think you need that looked at as it could be an infection ,i had the same problem and the incision started to reopen was very red and angry looking ,augmentium dou 500mg did the trick it healed up straight away you dont want any bugs getting in there hope you be better soon x
I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy also, only 3 days ago.
I am trying to decide when to take my dressings off........
They are waterproof, and have dry blood under them, the one at my bellybutton has alot, feels lumpy and crusty underneath.
The paperwork I got when I Ieft the hospital says leave it on until it comes off itself, or until you see your doctor. however, the nurse said take it off and clean it today, and then put band-aids on them.
I am going to my GP on Monday, to get stitch out if it hasn't dissolved itself. And the GYNO for follow up app. on Wednesday.
I want to take mine off, but am scared it is going to rub on things, and what it will look like, as dressing feels like a security blanket. It is a bit itchy, but still sore. How long did yours take to stop hurting?
What did you actually have done, or what was found at the time of your procedures, if you don't mind me asking?
I had a partial lapriscopic hysterectomy almost 3 weeks ago.During the surgery, dr got my artery and i almost bled to death.Anyway, my bellybutton looks absolutely GROSS from the incision.Drainage-first clear, then milkish white with blood.And the smell...omg...i went to the er, they did a swab of it.2 days later they called me saying it tested positive for mrsa staph.Ive been on bactrim for a week.The smell is gone,well, let me correct that-it smells kinda like period blood-it still looks like an open wound,leaks clear stuff and blood all the time, lots of dry blood every day.2 different drs say it looks ok but its grossing me out.