Ovarian Cysts Community
Is it normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Is it normal?

I am 22 years old and I have ovarian cysts. Typically I ovulate on the right side for four months (I can feel it) and then I ovulate on the left side once. I have extreme pain when I ovulate on the right. To the point of tears and feeling nauseous over so much pain. I don't want to take birth control because I do not like putting chemicals into my body. I am wondering if this is normal for someone so young. I also want to know if this will complicate getting pregnant. My family has a history of endometriosis but my doctor does not suspect that I have it. Any thoughts?
I just had a ovarian cyst removed and I have endometriosis come to find out, but  I went through the same,I never had nausea,just back pain and cramping when I ovulate.since you dont like taking any thing, my best suggestion is heat. You can go get a heating pad (electric) or you can get them overthecounter as well. For the nausea,crackers and ginger ale will help to settle your stomach.(peppermint also). I would highly suggest to have your doc totally rule out endo because i've had numerous unltrasounds and tests ran and they nor I knew I had endo until  I just had my surgery last wednesday. As far as having children,cysts shldnt affect it at all based on what my doctor told me.in some cases it can depending on the size. Best of luck to you,im not a doctor or anything,just wanted to share some info with you.based on my recent experience.