Ovarian Cysts Community
Is there a connection between, monthly cycle/migraines and seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hi there,

I'm a 27yr old female and I've had ovarian cysts, on both ovaries in the past (I had one scan, about 3 yrs ago, so im not sure if I still have the cysts) I've also recently had a cervical smear and the result came bk abnormal. im not sure if there is any connection between the problems im having at the moment and my ovaries but any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
ive suffered from migraines since i was 21yrs old and recently (2 months ago) i had a seizure and spent a week in hospital, my CAT scan thankfully came bk clear. but since leaving the hospital ive had alot of problems, migraines, neck and shoulder pain/stiffness and mini seizures.
It was recently said to me by a close friend, that the migraines and mini seizures seem to coincide with my monthly cycle. In the last two monthly cycles my symtoms (symptoms) have been very pronounced ie. very tender breasts for at least two weeks, cramping etc.. and previously i had very mild practically unnoticeable symtoms (symptoms).
My Q is could there be a conection and if so, what should I do?
Thanks Jessie.
I do know that migraines and PMS can very much go together.  What are you using for birth control?  I suffered from debilitating migraines for many years until I had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in my tubes being tied.  Migraines cleared up as a result of going off the pill - I only get them occasionally now just before my period.

Sorry but I can't help you any further.  This is a question you will need to cover with your doctor or take a chance and post it on the undiagnosed symptoms forum here on MedHelp.  

Good luck with everything.
I don't know if this will help at all-I'll throw it out there in case. I used to have horrible migraines - always right after my period. I had kidney stone and as a result gave up dairy. No more migraines. I wasn't expecting that. I wondered later if it was all the hormones in the milk. I used to eat a lot of dairy.

I had ovarian cysts many years later. Had one ovary removed too. Noticed I was extremely stressed out at the time. Friend had the same problem. I regrouped, and went to a Tradition Chinese Medicine doctor. Got acupuncture and some herbs to help clear my body of toxins. I really do feel much better. I also avoid dairy and white flour. Nutritionist said these are not "real food" and tend to get "stuck" in the body and form cysts. I try to eat a lot of warm foods too. My acupuncturist said it steams the body to help move along anything I ingest.

Hope this helps. I think so many of our problems are caused from diet. Good luck to you.
I believe there is a forum called "Women's Health" that may be of help to you. Regarding the Migraines, I know there is a connection between that and your periods. My daughter had to go to the Emer. Room a few years ago with a debilitating migraine (which she doesn't normally get).. It was on weekend, so naturally, no office hours for the Drs'. She was told then, that it probably was related. Her own physician confirmed it later.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm of no help,but you may want to check out the other Forums.

Take care,
Sandy