Ovarian Cysts Community
Lap Ovarian Cystectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Lap Ovarian Cystectomy

I have a 4.5cm (what I am assuming is just fluid filled) cyst IN my left ovary. It has been causing me intense lower back/pelvic, thigh and hip pain for a little over 3 weeks now. I am scheduled to have a cystectomy this friday.
Has anyone else ever had the anxiety that the cyst is going to be gone when they go in during surgery?
I am still experiencing lots of pain as each day goes by ... but I just have so much anxiety built up around this procedure.
I had a 9cmX6cmX4cm cyst attached to my right ovary. It was removed a month ago, and everything's fine. I had it done laparoscopically, and yours is quite small, so I'm assuming they'll do the same?

Ask your surgeon to go through what they're going to do. For laparoscopic, they can needle and drain, or cut it open to remove the sac of the cyst. The latter is best as it decreases the chance of the cyst returning. The actual op is simple for them, and that's not an issue. The pain from the residual CO2 in your system from the laparoscopic inflation is probably worse than any pain around the actual cyst.

But it's not something to panic about. You'll be absolutely fine. :)
Thanks!
They are doing everything laprascopically so it will be the same as what you had done.
I wish all of this anxiety would just go away!