Laparotomy - your experiences please, good or bad
I am due to have a laparotomy for my 5cm benign looking ovarian cyst on the 20th of December.
Doctor wanted to leave it for 3 months but I would only be worrying myself sick as post menopausal.
What are your experiences of this procedure please?
My full laparotomy story is in my profile...also post-menopausal.
Hi the laparotomy (the C-section, like a bikini line) because of a 6 cm cyst of unknown origin.  It turned out to be an endometrioma, a cyst from endometriosis, and adhesions.  The doctor was able to remove only the cyst and leave my ovary.  I didn't have many complications, but in this kind of surgery it is recommendable to rest and not lift heavy weights for at least fifteen days.  Also, walk a little and without making much effort and as the days pass you will feel better.  Drink water and liquids to avoid constipation and if you have pain, ask your doctor what to take, but you'll be OK in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Neta
hi there the laparotomy i had like neta was a C-section like incision, due to a 8 cm cyst that i had on my left ovary (simple cyst). They first attempted to do the surgery via laproscopic surgery but were unable to do it for some reason. Despite the inital OMG i had to have major surgery but the surgery went well, the only thing i would have done differently was not going back to work as soon as i did. and basically everything the neta said about the recovery!  Good luck :)