Ovarian Cysts Community
Laparotomy left ovary and fallopian tube removed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hello cysters! I had a laparotomy 3 weeks ago and my left ovary and left Fallopian tube was removed due to a 7.6 centimeter benign cystic teratoma. I am 32 with no children and am hoping to become pregnant with my one ovary. I did receive my period the following week after surgery at it's normal schedule and b4 surgery I had a normal period every month. Had no symptoms at all that there was a cyst. I switched my gyn doctor and she ordered a pelvic ultrasound and this was the result. I am hoping the cyst was the reason I didn't get pregnant in the last few months as I wasn't using protection ( being I was a fertile Myrtle in my 20's) and now it will happen sooner with the cyst out. I also wanted to hear stories on the recovery. I am still moving around slowly. I have the tummy overshelf pouch that's really sensitive on the bottom. I really want to know if this will go away. I just want to get back to normal. The cut itself seems to be healing. I am wearing a binder around my waist for support to my stomach muscles.  Would love to hear your thoughts sorry for rambling just so much running through my mind. God is great and I'm sure he will take care of me.
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
The post operative minor problems that you are having should go away soon. The recovery may take some time after laparatomy rather than laparoscopy as the scar is bigger. But I am sure you are going to be fine. Also one ovary is sufficient for achieving a pregnancy.
Take care and good luck.