Ovarian Cysts Community
Large Ovarian Cystic Mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Large Ovarian Cystic Mass

My doctor found a 10.7cm x 9.8cm mass and a walnut size mass in my pelvic region that he feels is cystic.  The blood work he did for tumor markers was 7.8 and 0-3 is normal.  He feels they are most likely fluid filled. I am scheduled for surgery in 2 days and am wondering if I should be as terrified as I am.  I had a hysterectomy due to a "bad" pap smear about 19 years ago. They left my ovaries at that time.
hi try not get to stressed out because stress upsets everything else ,your doc seem confident that its cystic so put your trust in him ,its only natural you are feeling anxious with surgery so near i get uptight and i only have to go to the dentist keep posted and we will support you with your surgery so near.
Please try not to be scared.  Easier said than done I know.  do something to help you relax (long, hot bath, pedicure, etc).  Are you pre-menopausal?  If so, the markers may not be accurate (assuming it is like a CA125).  It is good that the doctor thinks the cyst is fluid filled.  Usually fluid filled cysts are not cancerous.  Your surgery date will be here befoe you know it!!  We are here to offer you support and advice.  Do you know if you are havinag surgery done laprascopically or by laparatomy?  Good luck and please keep us updated on how you are doing!!
Thank you. I believe it is laparatomy.  They are cutting me from breast bone to pelvic bone due to lots of scar tissue from previous unrelated surgeries.