Ovarian Cysts Community
Leaking cyst???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Leaking cyst???

Hello again all-
OK- story so far- had pain back in Aug- found a cyst %cm + with 'echos' and solid parts - elevated CA-125 so they did a laprascopy to remove it. It was benign, but confirmed endometeosis. Doc at the time said my next two cycles would be painful, but this might be the end of it. Also gave me the choice of birth control to help.

First period was painful, but more pain after - for about a week. Second one came early - after only 22 days, and I decided to start the birth control as I had had intermittent pain. Started on the first day of period as told- but period was short (2 days) and light - painful as usual concentrated around the cyst side. After five days I got period like pains in earnest on the day I should have started- then have had 'spotting' every day since for the last five days. The spotting is brown and contains bits (sorry this is yucky) and from what everyone has said this sounds like the 'old blood' from an endo cyst. I have quite a lot of pain and don't know what to do. Is this normal now- is this just hormonal changes from starting the pill? What do you ladies think?

I don't have full insurance till Jan, and if the doc is likely to give me the wait and see diagnosis I don't want to bother with a visit. What can they do anyway?- If another cyst had formed - does this mean it is leaking fluid vaginally? Does that even happen?

I'm just not sure what to do. Pain pills dont work too great and I'm not sure if it is safe to take them every day. This is so frustrating :-(
Tags: spotting, Cyst
I think I would at least call the Dr. and let them know what is going on. Explain to them your ins. situation and see if they can recommend something over the phone, perhaps? If nothing else, maybe they could change your pain medication. I think they need to be aware of the problems you're having though.
Hope you get to feeling better... keep us updated.
Cheryl
Hi There,
I hope you are feeling better too. If you have endo as I do/did, you may have endometriomas, which is endo cysts on your ovaries. Did you notice severe pain?
Sometimes the cysts do rupture, usually this is with onset of sudden severe pain, that will resolve slowly. I too would call the doc and check in. My gyn/onc told me the only way to get rid of endo is to remove the ovaries. Estrogen is what feeds the endo. I hope you find some relief. Keep us posted
Laney
thanks for your comments. they confirmed endo at my lap- but didnt take the ovaries, they removed the fluid and took away the growths. but it definately feels like it is back- i feel so miserable and washed out today. I swore after I was given the benign path results that I would be thankful for every minute, but it is getting hard to be cheerful in this pain.
the doc had said there were endo growths in my pelvis which he did not remove which might cause pain, but this feels just like the cyst again. the pain is pretty bad- and here most of the time, but Im not sure if it is classed as severe.

some ladies have mentioned that cysts burst and the fluid is re-absorded into your body- does it ever come out as menstrual blood? I may just be experiencing spotting from the change in hormones. I will see the gyn on monday I guess.

Best to all- I'm trying desperately to be cheerful!