Left complex ovarian cyst
I have had a complex cyst on my left ovary for 3 years.  How long should I "wait and see" before something is done.  I was going to have the cyst removed but my ob/gyn said that when he got inside he saw so much scar tissue (adhesions) that my surgery would be very long to get to the ovary and remove it.  Since I had not agreed to that they did not go ahead with the procedure.  I have had continued pain which seems to be worsening on the left ovary in the last 6 months.  
It sounds like you have advanced endometriosis, since you mentioned a complex cyst and adhesions.  I just recently had a surgery to remove endometriosis and a complex cyst, it was a very painless process. Do you know how big the cyst is?  If they get big enough they can rupture and you'll be in so much pain you'll probably just go right to the ER.  Also the scar tissue can be very painful and cause your pelvic organs to stick together.  I would consider having the surgery, make sure you have a good surgeon.