Ovarian Cysts Community
Left side ovarian pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Left side ovarian pain

I went to the ER with right sided ovarian pain. It started around Dec 30, 2011. I got my period on January 5. I went to the ER on January 16th. My cycle  is 28 days. Normal cycle bleeding with no abnormal bleeding throughout the rest of my cycle.

My right ovary measured 2.6 x 1.5 x 1.6. My left ovary was 3.7 x 1.9 x 2.9 cm, and contained 1 dominant follicle that was 1.7cm. My left ovary seems kind of large with the 3.7. Is that cause for alarm? I also had a small calcified fibroid that was 1.6 cm on the fundus. Blood tests were normal. Have no idea what tested for and did not know what they were specifically looking for. Color flow dopplar was normal in both ovaries.

The ER doctor did not seemed concerned about the results. He gave me some pain meds then just sent me home. Just told me I had a dominant follicle. I also had an U/S the year prior on 2-22-11, and all of my measurements were the exact same. Ovary, cyst and everything. Found that odd.  I mean I guess that's good.

I started taking apple cider vinegar and blackstrap molasses about a week ago in my holistic search to heal myself. The sharp pains have subsided but it just feels gassy and odd on the left side where my ovary is. Kind of like a dull ache. I am worried my cyst might be more that just a normal cyst.

I do not have abdominal distention. Don't feel overly tired. Just normal tired from working FT and two little ones. They noted a trace amount of ascites ,but again they were not alarmed. I am just worried about this ache that sometimes goes to my back.

I think I remember the ER doctor saying the word "hemorrhagic" but can't remember. That word is not in the report. When I followed up with my normal OB via phone call he said everything looked normal. To come back if there if the pain doesn't go away. If I didn't have this pain I would go happily about my life. Results seem ok, but my body says different. Just a big Hmmmmm . . .

I am afraid of ovarian cancer. Pleas let me know your thoughts. I am 40 years old.
I just posted a comment and accidentally noted right sided ovarian pain in the comments section. ug. It's left sided.
The blood test was a CBC and not the CA-125 test. CBC was normal. Not sure if that can tell anything though.
Trust your instincts...insist to see a specialist. If you are not comfortable with the answers given then ask to have an ultra sound to be on the safe side.

I am very fortunate that the massive cyst I had was not cancerous. My advice is better be safe than sorry.
Thanks for your reply - Still having pain, but not as bad. Seems to have diminished some.  I have an appointment to go in on the 28th of this month. I am going to request a laporoscopy.